PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 UK 2006 arrival

AntWak
January 15th, 2006, 15:13
Hey guys

If any of you are like me and haven't got a 360 yet, I have heard from a very good source that the market is due to be flooded the week commencing 23-01-06. It came about when I tried to reserve one in a shop and was told by the helpful shop assistant that they are coming. And instead of buying one with "at least three games" (this is the current situation), I should wait and have the freedom of buying what I wish.

I am going to do just that. just a couple of questions to your good selves though.....

1. Have all of the problems been ironed out, i.e. PSU overheating, software problems, crashing etc....?

2. Also, I love FPS's, COD or PDZ?

Many thanks

matts1900
January 25th, 2006, 19:34
I work at Gamestation and I've not heard anything about a 'flood' of consoles arriving soon, though I guess that doesn't mean they aren't coming. I just received my 3rd Xbox 360 this afternoon, made on Jan 10th 2006 & it has a different shaped power supply with it (still as huge but the feet are on the side so its taller than it is wide when stood properly). it seems to be working fine so far, although my first one worked flawlessly for about 3 weeks before it failed, so its no guarantee of anything, but so far, so good.

Also i say get both. COD2 is amazing online but it lags severely more than half the time, theres a patch coming soon though to fix that. PDZ is a lot of fun too & it feels quite reminiscent of Goldeneye, which can only be a good thing.

SSaxdude
January 26th, 2006, 01:48
Call of Duty 2 has an awesome single player, you might have tried the demo because here in the US at Target, EBGames, Gamestop, and Best Buy all have had demo 360s since October.