PDA

View Full Version : LotRO Enters The Mines Of Moria

wraggster
November 18th, 2008, 18:36
Turbine proudly announces the launch of the first expansion for Lord of the Rings Online, Mines of Moria is now available across the U.S. and Europe, including my living room, where the collector's edition sits next to the coal-dusted mining hat they sent me to commemorate the auspicious occasion, which left a lovely black line across my forehead. The new expansion of course opens up the infamous Mines of Moria, and from my time in the beta for the expansion I can tell you that they've done an amazing job of realizing Tolkien's vision. Far from feeling like you are in a dungeon, the Mines truly feel like a massive, underground empire, filled with marvelous sights and a sense of scale I've rarely experienced in an MMO environment.

Along with the new areas to explore, Mines also brings two new character classes - the shifty Warden and the versatile Rune-keeper, both of which add exciting new gameplay mechanics to the game, along with unique legendary weapons that players can customize and rename, growing in power along with their characters. LotRO has come a long way since launch, and with the release of Moria it reaches all-new heights of excellence

http://kotaku.com/5091821/lotro-enters-the-mines-of-moria