PDA

View Full Version : Memory Stick Utility 0.6

wraggster
November 18th, 2008, 22:11
News/release from raing3 (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=145917)

Memory Stick Utility is a multi-purpose utility to application which can perform various general management functions on a Memory Stick. This includes:
- Connect various devices through a USB cable (Flash 0, Flash 1, Flash 2, Flash 3, Memory Stick and UMD Disc)
- Inject a variety of included IPLs or an IPL from a file to the Memory Stick
- Erase the entire IPL space of the Memory Stick
- Check the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or a file located on the Memory Stick
- Create a checksum of the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or an IPL located on the Memory Stick
- Extract the IPL injected on the Memory Stick to a file

In this release I made the following changes:
- Added option to extract Memory Stick MBR
- Added detection of available IPL space and Memory Stick Information
- Added option to extract entire IPL space from Memory Stick
- Fixed a bug which caused corruption of Memory Stick when injecting an IPL larger than the reserved space
- Entire IPL area is now erased from the Memory Stick
- Fixed issue detecting IPLs smaller than 4,096 bytes which were injected with this application
- Fixed issue which meant more space was required to inject an IPL, the required IPL space is now only rounded up to a multiple of 512 when it is not a multiple of 512
- PRXs are now stored internally for easier installation of application
- Reverted the IPL injection back to the style used in version 0.4

Any suggestions as to possible fixes of bugs or features would be greatly appreciated. I'm planning on hopefully adding a format function (if I can figure out how to) or something else in the next release, all ideas are welcome as I am running out of ideas.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pspandrew2006
November 19th, 2008, 23:10
good release