PDA

View Full Version : PSP 3000 hacked By Datel

devdj
November 19th, 2008, 02:40
Could it be? Could the PSP 3000 be finally and truly hacked? MaxConsole answers that to the affirmative, describing Sony's (previously) impenetrable security fortress for the newest PSP model to be "now perfectly hackable".

The breakthrough was made by Datel (*gasp*), thanks to their newest tool battery that will put the PSP 3K into service mode. Okay, what does this exactly do? According to their post, service mode allows you to downgrade your PSP for you to do whatever you may want to do with it, basically.

So. Here's the deal. In order for you to enable the service mode on your PSP 2K and 3K models, you'll need Datel's new crypto processor based battery called the Lite blue Tool battery.

*Advert flash* But wait! There's more! It comes with toggle options between a service mode and normal mode, as well as a built in LED power gauge feature! Datel's Lite Blue Tool comes to your nearest store on November 28th for a mere US$ 19.99 (UK) and US$ 29.99 (NA).

http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSP-3000-hacked-By-Datel-/pg/49/aid/126401

Eviltaco64
November 19th, 2008, 03:39
I'm impressed Datel!
Though I'm unusually curious about how they hacked it.

Dunpeal1978
November 19th, 2008, 08:44
just a matter of time before someone reverse engineers it....and releases an .EXE for free

Buddy4point0
November 19th, 2008, 21:46
just a matter of time before someone reverse engineers it....and releases an .EXE for free

It's the battery only.
This doesn't come with a magic memory stick, you still need to make that like before.
Also, being a datel battery tool owner, I'm confident that this will indeed work on the PSP 3000 and I find it much better than a home made pandora battery.

You can't make an exe to crack a battery.
After the magic memory cards are made then obviously there will be simple programs to make them, but as for the battery, I highly suggest getting this.

potatoman
December 18th, 2008, 20:08
I'm impressed Datel!
Though I'm unusually curious about how they hacked it.

Im extremely curious sony isnt hunting them down... maybe they dont care anymore? Or is kicking into service mode not actually illegal? Surely they have some sort of agreememnt between them and third party accessory people...

Tical00
December 19th, 2008, 02:51
Well isn't it more that once you own it, its yours and you can do what you feel with it?
If Datel marketed it as saying "play games for free!" than of course sony could get on their case about it.
However, Datel probably has a good team of lawyers and is always watching themselves.

Remember how nintendo tried to sue (or ban actually) the companies that produced flashdrives? Same thing.

PSPdemon
December 19th, 2008, 04:08
Okay people.... lemme point this out ( because I want this thread to die lol )

This battery DOES infact make your psp black screen with a green light... nothing more nothing less. ( kinda like how you put a jigkick battery into the psp without a ms )

the problem is no one knows what the 32 bytes ( which 32 bytes is ALOT ) are for the pre-ipl. THUS it will loop when it checks at pre-ipl, because it is not valid.

This wasn't a problem in earlier versions because it didn't bother to check ( or rather the lack of needing to )

This is why Datel didn't release their battery ( afaik ).

We will have to wait till someone cracks those 32 bytes before we can go any further. until then just sit back and relax... it'll eventually come :)

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

Navi083
December 30th, 2008, 03:43
So does this mean dont buy the Lite blue tool cuz it wont work?

Wally
December 30th, 2008, 04:31
So does this mean dont buy the Lite blue tool cuz it wont work?

Thats Correct.

kppgno
December 30th, 2008, 05:32
damn sony...damn psp's ...I want to play fricken mario world!

darkriku2000
January 3rd, 2009, 03:10
well then kppgno, let me put this into words you might use

either buy a damn nintendo... or a damn snes... or get a damn emulator... and play fricken mario world!

pspmoddingelite
January 17th, 2009, 23:35
Everything is hackable now.. just that somethings take time. XBOX 360 came out and then what people thought itll take time but no.. week or 10 days in.. it was hacked
Hackers WILL LIVE FOR EVER ahha

0zymandias
January 25th, 2009, 21:44
It's nearly February when will it come? I want emulators on my psp

-.GTR95.-
February 10th, 2009, 04:59
thats impossible and utterly a lie,its never bin done,its only the battery,and dark alex has not succeeded at hacking or creating a CFW for psp-3000.