PDA

View Full Version : Has the PSP 3000 been Hacked?

Darksaviour69
November 19th, 2008, 10:17
Tawkn.com (http://www.tawkn.com/index.php?page=site-blogpost&blog_id=208&posted=1) posts:

Datel managed to create an all new "Tool Battery" that will put the PSP 3000 (or 2000 if you choose) into service mode. Ya gotta give em' credit as they've put a LOT of work into this.

"Although there were early indications that the PSP3000 had embedded Service Mode capability, it was clear that silicon level investigation would be required to understand the new mechanism" said Datel.

"Once the target IC had been identified, our engineers then de-capsulated the device and prepared it for hi-resolution SEM imaging"

The battery will run ya $29.99 USD.

But Alek posted on Sceners.org (http://sceners.org/?itemid=66):

About new D@tel Battery
You might have seen a new Battery that has come into the market, as always with a price and with a good advertising program...

Well, this post is just to answer some mails that I've received.

1. To have a LED indicator ON, doesn't means that you can install cfw or hack anything. Remember 088v3 mobos? Right.
2. It's spreading like a timebomb that it can be hacked and so on. Well, what any user can see is an interesting campaign to promote an article that is not yet released. It would be interesting to see.. how about an old "hello world" like on Noobz time, instead of a "buy today" call?
3. Just to remember all this things up, LED indicator ON and nothing on screen means directly what Dark_AleX explained here (http://www.dark-alex.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=1194) about the preIPL.

Would be an interesting step, indeed, in case that the protection on 3k would be sort of a signal encryption or a change of protocol instead of just a change of the battery pin communication system; so, until more proofs come into play, I would not definitely go in a rush to buy it xD.

kyyubidx
November 19th, 2008, 11:22
I'm skeptical about this... As a 3000 owner I really wish it was true... But still without a magic memory stick, putting the PSP into service mode is pretty much useless...
I've heard someone said we could use the DC7 mod to flash CFW 5.0 into the 3000 but I highly doubt it...
Let's wait for more info on this...

dangee
November 19th, 2008, 12:45
Datel's involvement in trying to crack the 3000 tells me they
must have done very nicely thankyou from the tool battery so far.

Surely it makes sense for them to donate often and generously to
the (non-commercial) PSP homebrew community that continues to make
their product so desirable.

apex05
November 19th, 2008, 14:31
I was always expecting some kind of hardware mod would be needed to hack psp 3000 but just being a replacement battery is a pleasant suprise... It's early days but if there is an exploit then i'm sure it will be found, Then we can all enjoy the psp 3000 in all it's Splendored Interlacing Glory

pspmodel1001
November 19th, 2008, 15:42
I hope this is true. If so I'll get a psp 3000.

mike_jmg
November 19th, 2008, 16:11
I say Bull.....

mungrin
November 19th, 2008, 17:23
What do i do?I just bought a PSP Slim yesterday,i didnt want the 3000.I get home and find out it has the unhackable ta88v3 motherboard.Should i return it or hold on and pray a hack comes out?

Veskgar
November 19th, 2008, 18:29
What do i do?I just bought a PSP Slim yesterday,i didnt want the 3000.I get home and find out it has the unhackable ta88v3 motherboard.Should i return it or hold on and pray a hack comes out?

What version PSP Slim did you buy with that motherboard? And did you get it in the USA? For instance was it the Blue Madden bundle, red God of War bundle, or just a black CORE package?

The reason why I ask is that I need to buy 2 PSP's for Christmas and I want to do my best to avoid getting the v3 mobo.

brasssmunky
November 19th, 2008, 21:21
this might be reason for me to get back to my PSP :P
(i have a 1k, bought the july after release)
if this is something that works, i'll be getting a 3k in a while :D
(my current fat's joystick assembly is dead, and i haven't really used it since :/)

Buddy4point0
November 19th, 2008, 21:41
I think that if datel says the light turns on, you should be able to downgrade it.
Really, I'm pretty sure that the PSP 3000 has been hacked.

This is obviously written because we cannot confirm that it will work, but inside, I'm sure it will.
I don't like the idea that the PSP 3000 has been hacked, but I still think that it has been.

apex05
November 19th, 2008, 22:26
Yeah i was kinda looking forward to the extra games an unhacked psp 3000 would bring, I know some people might disagree, but this could be the beginning of the end for the psp if sony can't entice the game developers back

brit777
November 20th, 2008, 01:40
The God of War is the only sure bet that you can hack because it is old. I bought a Madden in October at Bestbuy, and it came with 4.01 firmware. Stay away from the core black.

mungrin
November 20th, 2008, 02:31
What version PSP Slim did you buy with that motherboard? And did you get it in the USA? For instance was it the Blue Madden bundle, red God of War bundle, or just a black CORE package?

The reason why I ask is that I need to buy 2 PSP's for Christmas and I want to do my best to avoid getting the v3 mobo.

I just bought a regular plain piano black PSP Slim and its unhackable.Came with 4.01 firmware

Seven7
November 20th, 2008, 04:49
Interesting, I recently got a core black psp-slim(2000), and it shipped with 3.90, and was hackable...it might have been older stock though.

At first though i held down the wrong button without realising it, it whouldn't boot the MMS, and i panicked for abit, as i had sold my old psp (1000) to afford it.

On subject, I really doubt this works, however if someone whould be kind enough to prove it works...

Well, it'll be quite awhile before i can afford another psp, but who knows...

dejkirkby
November 20th, 2008, 15:59
I got a Mint Green PSP-2000 shipped in and it was a TA-088V3!