PDA

View Full Version : Home 1.0 in closed beta tomorrow

Shrygue
November 19th, 2008, 17:33
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=202036)

Home version 1.0 - the version that'll be released to the public - will be made available to closed beta testers tomorrow, according to supposed leaked info.

In what looks like a message intended only for closed beta testers themselves are the release plans for Home in the coming weeks.

"1.0 will arrive in the closed beta this Thursday the 20th and will entail a downtime starting in the morning," reads the document.

"On Friday we will send out our first batch of invitations to new testers to help load-test 1.0 and the new servers that are coming online in the next week or so," it adds.

"We have 2 further batches of invitations scheduled for the following week and overall we'll be inviting a huge number of people into the closed beta in SCEE territories."

Unfortunately though, it says: "Open Beta will be here when it's here." We don't like the sound of that.

There's a whole bunch of details and features in the document over on Tawkn (http://www.tawkn.com/index.php?page=site-newspost&news_id=839) which, if fake, does remarkably well to seem pretty real. Sony, however, has issued CVG with a "no comment" on the matter.

jonezybaby
November 21st, 2008, 10:36
i got in :D

Triv1um
November 21st, 2008, 19:41
**** Home. Seriously, there try to hype this up. Then let us down.

They can't expect people to still be pissing themselves with excitement still.

Myself, I have lost all interest in the ****ing thing. Remember, it is still in ****ing beta!!!! Its not like we have the beta, and we are waiting on the final version. Its a ****ing BETA!

I think people forget this, seeing as some are hyping it as Home Beta, how the **** have they got people panting for a ****ing beta version of a game which was meant to be out ages ago.

**** it, I will not be downloading the beta when it comes out. At all.

Accordion
November 21st, 2008, 21:14
well the update to 1.0 actually removes content.
All the previously free dlc for clothes and home spaces has been removed, as are most of the arcade machines and the PSP is gone, replaced by some Home brand device.

No sign of themed spaces yet, which would be the only reason i would bother logging on again.

jamotto
November 22nd, 2008, 01:48
I'm not in any big hurry for this, I'd rather they get it working a best as they can instead of pushing out a flaky POS like the NXE has turned out to be.

F9zDark
November 23rd, 2008, 06:08
I *finally* got in.

Its nothing to really get all "hyped" about. I am certain this will change when it launches, but as of right now, its rather, useless...

DPyro
November 23rd, 2008, 15:21
There are still a bunch of things in Home to do besides testing. You can hop on the arcade machines to win clothing, which actually requires some time (spent 2 hours just on Ice Breaker to win all the items). I also got to play Namco Museum and won a T-shirt and arcade machine which I put in my Home Space :p

ICE
November 23rd, 2008, 17:00
I thought Home looked awesome for about 6 months after they announced it. Now? Sure I'm looking forward to it but its just hard to stay amped up or that long.. Still I wish I had a beta :P

F9zDark
November 25th, 2008, 22:43
I thought Home looked awesome for about 6 months after they announced it. Now? Sure I'm looking forward to it but its just hard to stay amped up or that long.. Still I wish I had a beta :P

To be honest, I totally hear you on this one. Sony should not have announced it as early as they did. And now, all they have really done is paved the way for Nintendo and Microsoft to come out with similar services (Ninty's new Animal Crossing game, and MS's Xbox Experience).

Not that these will compete with Home directly, since god knows if they are "free" in and of themselves, but still. Home could have well been a console selling feature; now its really a moot point for those who own the other consoles since they can now get something similar.

This would have been a great deal had it come out when Sony first said it would. Now they just look like buffoons since their competition has delivered essentially the same thing in MUCH LESS time. (And without getting the hype-machine rolling long before it was actually going to come out.)

DPyro
November 25th, 2008, 23:07
I don't see how Home and NXE are anything alike.

F9zDark
November 27th, 2008, 15:29
I don't see how Home and NXE are anything alike.

"One new feature is the ability to watch streaming movies and TV shows from Netflix, some of which are HD, through the Xbox 360. This feature is exclusive to Xbox Live Gold members in the USA with Netflix Unlimited. In the future, users will be able to watch with their friends in a party with up to 8 players. Xbox Live members have the ability to pick from over 10,000 movies and episodes, as if they were to choose on the website.[23] However, films from Sony Pictures Entertainment are unable to be viewed on the Xbox 360.[24] When a player parties up with a group, they would also have the ability to join games together, chat together or view a slideshow of photos.

Another feature gives players the ability to create Avatars. Players are able to customize avatars by changing body shape, facial features, hair and clothes, as well as being able to download more clothing from the Xbox Live Marketplace."

Sounds a lot like Home doesn't it? Party up, launch games together, watch movies, slideshows together, customize an avatar with clothing and download (buy?) more...

If that's not a Home-Clone then I don't know what is...