PDA

View Full Version : Quake II PSP - Patch Day (New Release)

wraggster
January 15th, 2006, 21:02
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/q2-006.png

McZonk (http://teamemergencyexit.blogspot.com/) who released the first version of Quake 2 for PSP in our PSP News & Lik Sang Coding Competition #2 (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp30codingcomp2.shtml) has today released a new patched version, heres the info:

<blockquote>The first patch is finished. It will just fix little bugs. It not contains sound, no full singleplayer or multiplayer support and nothing of all the other missing stuff.

Changes:
- fix invert analog nub (was not working)
- go to menu after first loop of intro
- fix network game crash
- added gpl to zip
- removed the iso protection

I have not added an osk. I didn't found a good one that was installable into Quake II.

I still think the iso protection was a good idea. There was a lot of discussion about that. I know I cannot stop piracy, but perhaps you think about it now and buy games instead of steal them.
I removed the protection because it will be removed as soon as I release the sources. In fact it is just a #define :)

I'll setup a source code package with Quake 2 PSP the next days. I have to fix some stuff so it will compile without problems. It will include all sources as well as a tutorial for mod porting. But I cannot support anyone until my first final release. Sorry, it would handicap my own development.</blockquote>

Download this great release via the comments

Zephyroth_drgs
January 15th, 2006, 21:31
hi there gj, is there any schedule to the final relases?

Greenskull
January 15th, 2006, 22:28
is there any way to make it compatible with 2.00 users?

bill00000
January 15th, 2006, 22:39
Awesome work! Can't wait till single player is playable.

slayer2psp
January 16th, 2006, 03:41
cant wait for the full game to work this is much better now then it was thanks

Mew
January 16th, 2006, 15:57
Thank you for this little patch, McZonk! :)

Sharkey
January 16th, 2006, 22:02
great job, i was much impressed with the first release and this ones even better.

I agree about the protection, and i'm glad you removed it so we can focus on talking about the game. but i'll support this port no matter what.

thanx mate.

Jdemon
January 17th, 2006, 03:41
Thanks for this patch soo soon McZonk! :D Looks great!

What's an osk? I know nothing what so ever about programing.

Also, does anyone know how I can mod the player skins in the "baseq2" folder? I'm not familiar with pcx files at all. No matter how I mess around with it, it either becomes a big staticy blur or it just doesn't change the image at all. I'd sure like to be able to make my own character for Multiplayer mode :cool:

Once the source is out will be be able to mod our own bad guys too?

Gt Loc
January 17th, 2006, 06:36
Could someone please tell me how to install quake 2 onto my psp like for an example lets say u want to save mp3 files onto a folder in order for you to listen to it you woul have to save it under a folder called Music.

Jdemon
January 17th, 2006, 14:33
As of now there's no sound yet so I think at this point answering your question is a little pre-mature. I'm sure once there is a full working version that will be answered though. I couldn't agree more with you, this is definitely the kind of game that gonna need a "custom soundtrack" option (ihopeihopeihope)

As for the installation, click the link "McZonk" in the first post on this thread. Scroll down a little and you will see a pic of the file structure for 1.5