PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x GX 007 - Snes Emulator for Nintendo Wii and Gamecube

wraggster
November 19th, 2008, 21:52
SNES9x GX (http://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/downloads/list) is a Super Nintendo emulator for the Wii based on the PC emulator
SNES9x 1.51 (http://snes9x.ipherswipsite.com/). SoftDev is responsible for
the original SNES9x 1.50 GameCube port, whose work was continued by crunchy2.
It was updated for the Wii by michniewski and SNES9x 1.51 was ported by
Tantric. The project is currently being maintained by michniewski and Tantric.

|0OΧψo· FEATURES ·oψΧO0|
`¨•¨¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨
* Based on Snes9x 1.51 - superior ROM compatibility
* Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
* SNES Superscope, Mouse, Justifier support
* Cheat support
* Auto Load/Save Game Snapshots and SRAM
* Custom controller configurations
* SD, USB, DVD (requires DVDx), SMB, GC Memory Card, Zip, and 7z support
* Autodetect PAL/NTSC, 16:9 widescreen support
* Original/filtered/unfiltered video modes
* Turbo Mode - up to 2x the normal speed
* Zoom option to zoom in/out
* Open Source!

Χ—–*—–*—–*—–* –*—–*—–*—–*—–*—–*—–*—–*—–*—–*— *—–*—–*—–*—–*—–*—–*—–*—-*—–*-–•¬
|0OΧψo· UPDATE HISTORY ·oψΧO0|
`¨•¨¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨

[What's New 007]

* added: SDHC support
* added: SD/USB hot-swapping
* added: zoom saving
* added: IPS/UPS/PPF patch support
* added: Qoob modchip support (thanks emukidid!)
* added: Added console/remote power button support (Wii only)
* added: Added reset button support - resets game (Wii only)
* changed: Settings file is now named settings.xml and is stored in the same
folder as the DOL - eg: apps/vbagx/settings.xml (Wii only)
* fixed: swc, sfc file support
* fixed: inverted sound channels
* fixed: some game crashes
* fixed: snapshot saving for games with SPC7110, BS, DSP, or CX4
* fixed: justifier support
* fixed: superscope turbo button
* fixed: widescreen support
* fixed: ActRaiser 2 issues
* fixed: Invalid memory accesses in C4 and OBC1. MMX3 Toxic Seahorse stage
now can be emulated with HDMA. (zones)
* fixed: Updated snapshot to prevent desync. Added some variables related to
APU and HDMA. (gocha)
* fixed: zoom issues (thanks eke-eke!)
* fixed: original modes (thanks eke-eke!)
* fixed: vertical scaling for filtered/unfiltered modes (thanks eke-eke!)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

goshogun1
November 20th, 2008, 05:07
Best Snes out there IMO. Playing Starfox 2 in english with perfect quality is awesome! Also, the wii-mote makes an amazing "super scope".

kingslime80
November 20th, 2008, 05:27
Is this version back to file-name saving rather then file-number saving yet?

Edit: I just tested it and the answer is "Yes! At last! Common sense prevails!"

:P

Usabell
November 21st, 2008, 11:41
Yay! This is the first version out there in a while that supports the Qoob chip again! Thanks a lot for this, finally I can update from my very old pre-001 version I got running on my Qoob Pro! :-)

After experimenting with the new version a bit I found out some annoying bugs, though. The save and pref files on my memcard have a somewhat garbled icon and show strange characters, and randomly get corrupted so the emulator crashes while loading them. If the prefs file is affected the emulator won't launch without crashing my cube until I erase the prefs from the memcard. Very strange. Does anyone maybe know what I can do to help the developer fix this? Everything else is really nice and much better than in the old version I still seem to have to use now.

Any help would be appreciated!

geise69
November 21st, 2008, 13:51
Is the sound emulation any better in this release? I found it not to be as accurate as the other SNES9x emulators on the wii. Like in Chrono Trigger, in the beginning when you wake up. You can talk to the cat. It makes this god awful sound for a meow. Many other sounds are very off as well in other games. Music is usually fine but certain sound effects sound really off. The sound emulation was the only thing keeping this emulator from being perfect for me. SNES9x never did have the best sound core though. Not like snesgt or bsnes. The video mode options in this emulator are a godsend and I appreciate evertything the author has done with this port.

kingslime80
November 23rd, 2008, 22:54
The audio sounds pretty good to me.

Lynkk
November 24th, 2008, 06:27
The first Starfox is very slow for me, anyone can confirm that?

davidmt
November 24th, 2008, 10:31
I'm finding the latest release is freezing when loading games. I've not had this issue with prior releases. Maybe it is related to the issue reported by Usabell?

Usabell
November 24th, 2008, 16:04
Freezing as in not responding anymore while the loading bar is displayed or showing a black screen with white DOS-like text and error messages? I had some freezing while loading when the disc was not burned very well and the GameCube just got stuck on an unfinished loading bar (should return back to the load menu and maybe show an error message that there were DREs instead) but that issue is minor compared to the loss of save data IMHO.

davidmt
November 25th, 2008, 11:11
My freezing is occurring while loading, the bar stops moving. I am loading from a SD card though (on Wii), not a disc.

cacildo
November 27th, 2008, 15:55
How can i burn a single DVD with this emulator, roms, and get it recognized at the Wii Disk Channel?

I have WiiKey at a 3.3U wii.

You know... i really dont want to install the homebrew channel. I think is a hole i will not have the strengh to climb out.

kevenz
November 27th, 2008, 23:33
not official wii disk channel but you can load roms from dvd it using dvdx.

cacildo
November 28th, 2008, 10:15
not official wii disk channel but you can load roms from dvd it using dvdx.

What does that mean?

Its impossible to create a totally homebrew DVD and get it recognized at the disk channel, using a MOdchip????

kingslime80
November 28th, 2008, 18:04
I think he wants to know how to burn the GAMES to a DVD so he doesn't have to take up too much space on an SD card, since this release supposedly loads games off of a DVD.

cacildo
November 28th, 2008, 21:16
I think he wants to know how to burn the GAMES to a DVD so he doesn't have to take up too much space on an SD card, since this release supposedly loads games off of a DVD.

No, listen up.

Im searching this because i think there΄s more people like me out there that could benefit from a DVD like this:

What i want:

- A single DVD with a lot of emulators and the max number of ROMS possible.

- BUT i want this emulators to be Classic Controller/wiimote compatible.

What i DONT want:

- I dont want to install homebrew channel

- I dont want that Cube Dvd with a lot of emulators and roms. I have that DVD. Its really great, but i want some classic controller-sdcard support.

(please, bear in mind that when i say "what i WANT" i dont mean "i want you to do this for me" - im not that lazy. I just wanna know if its possible and some directions on how to do it)

So that΄s it. A single wii DVD full of emulators, roms and classic controller support.

I think there is more people out there with modded wiis that dont want to install the homebrew channel, and would be happy to download a single wii dvd with emulators and roms.

Tantric
December 1st, 2008, 07:40
cacilido, what you're looking for isn't possible. Period. Perhaps some day, but definitely not in the foreseeable future.

cacildo
December 1st, 2008, 17:07
cacilido, what you're looking for isn't possible. Period. Perhaps some day, but definitely not in the foreseeable future.

:(