PDA

View Full Version : Bethesda "working on" Fallout 3 fix

Shrygue
November 21st, 2008, 19:48
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=202235)

Bethesda has confirmed that it's "working on" patches to fix a number of issues discovered in all three versions of Fallout 3.

While Fallout 3 has made a great start sales wise, numerous users have been left with a sour taste in their mouth after running into technical issues with the game.

Complaints on the game's official forums report crashes, lock-ups and graphical glitches, particularly with the PS3 version. But Bethesda assures players that a fix is on the way.

"We are currently working on a patch for all three platforms," wrote a Bethesda community manager. "When I've got more details, I'll let everyone know."

A brief and vague statement then, but at least we know for sure that Bethesda's on the case. Have you been one of the unlucky people to suffer from problems with the game? Fingers crossed it'll all be sorted soon.

acg12xu
November 21st, 2008, 20:03
I've encountered several bugs w/ the 360 version so far but for the most part they weren't a big deal at all. Mostly just the physics going haywire and throwing objects around. Hasn't really affected my experience overall.

osgeld
November 22nd, 2008, 06:31
how many millions did they spend to not do a decent QA session on it?

greed + deadline = bugs

im old school, who the hell has to get patches so their console games work right?

thats pc land, where they have an excuse of every machine is different

ps3 is a ps3 is a ps3, 360 is a 360 is a 360

did they even bother to run the games on the prospective platform before shipping

(and in todays news, the great video game crash of 2009)

HexenDarkside
November 22nd, 2008, 08:06
Give them a break. Its a massive game with a ton of detail. Ive played it countless hours and run into maybe 3 problems (All of which where in no way a critical problem.)

If you think games like Fallout 3 will cause a video games crash, you don't know what a good game is and you should take up knitting.

bluelloydpugh
November 22nd, 2008, 16:18
lol @ HexenDarkside

spot on mate.

I've got the 360 version and hit the 40+ hour mark now. And the bugs I've seen are in no way critical either, just the odd person walking into a wall or something very minor. Oblivion suffered from more bugs, but that was even bigger still.

Lol, wasn't it ET and Pac Man(Atari 2600) which were heavily involved in the video game crash.
Hehe, to compare fallout 3's quality with the quality of these games is the most stupid thing I've heard in a while.

StryfeDc
November 22nd, 2008, 16:32
I have the PC version, and it's working great...

For games of this size with a non-linear open gameplay design, it just isn't plausible to get ever single little kink out.

At least not without play testing for another two years.... The PC version of Oblivion still has periodic bug fixes being done by online communities after all.

Remember, this game in the series is no longer an isometric, top down, late 90's style RPG game.

It's a full blown 3D, open ended, action RPG game.

Krisando
November 23rd, 2008, 17:25
I don't feel Bethesda really cares about support once they've sold a game. They will fix enough bugs to get people off there back. Crashes, lockups, gfx glitches all sounds to similar to Oblivion. They had a dissapointing amount of updates, the majority of bugs we're fixed by 3rd party's.

MicroNut
November 23rd, 2008, 19:53
I have the PC version.
They only problem I have so far is high pitched noise in the main menu.
The noise extremely distressing, I have to make sure the audio is turned down every time.

StryfeDc
November 25th, 2008, 14:40
For PC users who are having small issues with the sound, physics, etc. Here is a guide here that might help with some of your issues, or just make your game run a little smoother.

http://www.tweakguides.com/Fallout3_1.html

It involves some INI editing though.