PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft: NXE Avatar clothing updates will be free ... for now

wraggster
November 21st, 2008, 21:43
We've known for some time that Microsoft has been planning additional clothing and accessories to differentiate (and bizarre-ify) your New Xbox Experience Avatar. In fact, on Wednesday, MS announced that new Avatar content will be rolled out bi-monthly for six months. Today we know that, at least for now, it will be free.

Germany's Xbox product manager, Boris Schneider-Johne, told dreisechzig.net that the early offerings will be free of charge. After that? "What's going to happen as of spring is yet to be announced," he said. We do know that for-pay and sponsored Avatar goodies are definitely on Microsoft's mind, as evidenced in remarks made by Xbox Live chief John Schappert in August.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/21/microsoft-nxe-avatar-clothing-updates-will-be-free-for-now/

Shadowblind
November 21st, 2008, 21:44
For now? I don't like the sound of this.

carlitx
November 21st, 2008, 23:44
knowing Microsoft they will have to make money off this somehow eventually..... ****ing cheap bastards.

royvedas
November 22nd, 2008, 01:28
Yeah it seems ridiculous. Who cares for these avatars anyway? I know I don't, so it wouldn't affect me in any way. But it seems kinda milkin' it.