PDA

View Full Version : Sony Says More PS One Games On PSN ‘Shortly’

wraggster
November 22nd, 2008, 11:02
There are many classic PS One games available to download through PlayStation Network in Japan, but we’ve seen barely any here in the United States (does anyone want to play “2 Xtreme,” anyway?)

I didn’t ask John Koller, the head of hardware marketing at Sony Computer Entertainment America, whether this was changing when we spoke earlier this week. My bad, readers.

But he did follow-up over e-mail last night.

“Yes, we are working on further PSone additions to the PS Store and should see those launch shortly,” he said.

With that in mind, what PS One games do you want to re-buy? “Klonoa” and “Metal Gear Solid” would be very much appreciated, thanks!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/11/20/sony-promises-more-ps-one/

Justise
November 22nd, 2008, 15:09
I want to play FF8 since it is the only one I didn't finish.
The Question is... Can it run?
I also want to play MGS3 Snake Eater!
The Question remains the same.

All those years they didn't manage to give Kratos a shadow in PS3 (compatibility bug), and you actualy belive that they'll find any dicent game that supports that crappy Compatibility List?

Buddy4point0
November 22nd, 2008, 15:54
How about

Metal Gear Solid
Driver
Twisted Metal 2
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Harvest Moon: Back To Nature
Spider-man
Tekken 3
Lunar
Resident Evil 2
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Legend of the Dragoon
CastleVania: Symphony of the Night

Maybe if Sony gave us some good games people would actually use this service.

I think Sony is seeing this backwards.
They're probably seeing, no one is using this service, so we're not going to waste our time providing it.
Truth is, if they provided good games, or maybe even the entire PS1 collection, people would actually use it.

Another think I would like to see done is some sort of extreme compression on the games and a better emulator.
This would give people another reason to buy the games instead of just creating them themselves.

So, I really do hope that Sony decides to go thorough with this plan.
I know that at least I'll be using it, there are so many great PS1 games out there and It's a pain to create the eboots myself.
I can also only fit a few on a 4GB memory stick, so if they created a new compression I would be buying a hole lot more.

$4, $5, and $6 is not bad for a game at all, especially when I can't find my old disk to rip it.

Eviltaco64
November 22nd, 2008, 16:03
Out of Buddy's list, I found that:

Driver's available in Europe.
Twisted Metal 2 is available in Europe and Japan.
Tekken 2 is available for Europe and Japan.
Biohazard 2 is available only in Japan.
Castlevania: SoN is available everywhere I think.

Man, the US is getting screwed. :/

DPyro
November 22nd, 2008, 17:02
I have Twisted Metal 2, and believe me it doesn't age well.

Spanishpeacock
November 22nd, 2008, 17:19
Twisted Metal 2 is on the U.S. PSN also I think.
But they need any Resident Evil on the PSP. That's the first game I really bothered to convert to use on PSP.

I've also had FF8 running on it perfectly until you fight those dog things after the failed assassination. So I think they could fix that one.

jamotto
November 22nd, 2008, 23:00
The US has 2 Xtreme, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Cool Boarders, Crash Bandicoot 1-3, Destruction Derby, Jet Moto 1 & 2, Rally Cross, Rayman, R-Types, Sno-Cross Championship Racing, Spyro the Dragon, Street Fighter Alpha, Syphon Filter 1 and 3, Tekken 2, Twisted Metal 2, Warhawk, Wild Arms, Wipeout and maybe a few more.

Europe has Metal Gear Solid even though the game is unplayable on a psp. :rolleyes:

Justise
November 22nd, 2008, 23:22
FF8 and MGS3 are games that Crash completely when you put them on PS3 dew to bad compatibility list.
I didn't randomly mentioned them!

Nashxyzz
November 23rd, 2008, 00:27
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is alrdy on psp. It was an unlock on the psp castlevania game. I'd buy these if they showed up:

N2O
Spacehulk
Bloody Roar
Grandia
ogre battle
king's field (unreleased in US, our 1 & 2 is japs 2 & 3)
saga frontier 1 & 2

Aryn
November 23rd, 2008, 06:26
I will just use the appropriate software to rip and convert images from the PS1 CDs I already own to EBOOTs that I can run on a hacked PSP. That is perfectly legal and makes more sense than waiting for PSN to hopefully make the games available for purchase here in North America.

kyyubidx
November 23rd, 2008, 19:55
Where are you people getting your info on Europe?

I'm a EU resident and here's what's available on the PS1 list:

Crash Bandicoot 1 & 3
Coolboarders
MediEvil
Crash Tag Team Racing
Destruction Derby
WipeOut
Spin Jam
Sheep
Kula World
Syphon Filter 1 & 3
International Track & Field
Sim City 2000
Theme Park World

Okay so that's what's there... No MGS nor Twisted Metals... The only games I'm interested in are Theme Park World, SF 1 & 3 and Sheep... Everything else is a no-go for me...

Btw, PS Store sucks...

DcPEONemu
November 29th, 2008, 16:22
It really does amaze me how crappy all of the games are on the ps store (except Castlevania SOTN). I am guessing that SCEA is only releasing PSone downloads of games that had the highest sales during their initial release. It is unfortunate though that the only reason that games like crash baditcoot and 2 extreme were big sellers is because they were packaged with the consoles. It does seem like a no-brainer for them to release games like FF7 and RE2, but they are only looking at it from a marketing standpoint, they dont give a shit if they are quality games, they just want to release what they think will sell the most.

Ryoshia
November 13th, 2009, 03:32
Just fueling the fire for the overall hatred for how SOny treats their people. Giving us more reason to crack the PSP Go =-P

Shrygue
November 13th, 2009, 21:57
Yes the PSP Go isn't all that good and that but seriously, we don't need to bump year old threads like this one.

Lockage applied