PDA

View Full Version : Sony clarifies "14 million" PSN accounts claim

Shrygue
November 24th, 2008, 19:13
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=202381)

Sony has moved to clarify recent comments made about the number of active PlayStation Network accounts.

Having said last week that there are 14 million active PSN accounts, the company has now confirmed that the number includes both PS3 and PSP accounts, but no duplicates.

"Seeing as PlayStation Portable does include PlayStation Network services (i.e. games store natively on PSP), yes those numbers do include all PlayStation Network registrations," Sony told GameSpot.

Sony said that one person using the same login for both PS3 and PSP is treated as a single account and that, as with Xbox Live, the 14 million figure includes multiple accounts on a single console or in the same household.

Sony's original comments on the matter were made as it celebrated the PS3's second birthday, and revealed that PSN had matched the 14 million subscriber base of Xbox Live, which has been around since 2002.

Despite all these comments, at the end of the day it's still unclear how many PSN users are logging on via the PS3, although Sony says it has seen an "increase in unique [PS3] consoles registered for PSN... lately, based on the new features we've added to PSN".

Justise
November 24th, 2008, 21:31
Is it just me, or when someone talking about something Sony said, it has a negative tone?

I blizzard had also said that WoW account are as much as half of Australia population, (obviusly counting also the frozen) yet that time the tone was deferent.

I'm not a Sony fan boy or anything. I just noticed it!

jeegee
November 25th, 2008, 00:54
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=202381)

Sony's original comments on the matter were made as it celebrated the PS3's second birthday, and revealed that PSN had matched the 14 million subscriber base of Xbox Live, which has been around since 2002.

so its only taken SONY 2Yrs to catch up with Msofts 4 year head start??

Kudos :thumbup: