PDA

View Full Version : GxGeo v0.5b - Neogeo Emulator for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
November 25th, 2008, 00:50
News via nintendomax (http://www.nintendomax.com/)

GxGeo is a port of the open-source GnGeo emulator, originally coded by pepone. This is a Neo-Geo AES/MVS emulator.

23/11/2008 (latest)

Today I am happy enough with GxGeo to release it, the source code is a mess so I if you'd like it ask me for it - I'd rather not spread messy code and bad examples :)
I have only tested this release on a PAL SDTV but it should fit on an NTSC SDTV, no idea about HDTV hehe
There are still some sound issues, maybe just with PAL.. I'm not sure, more testing is required
This release will boot some large ROMs but not all of them will run at full speed - Metal Slug 2 is one of these
Larger ROMs (Metal Slug 3) will still not load - some kind of paging system is required :)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

goshogun1
November 25th, 2008, 03:51
Hell yeah! :thumbup: This is a nice surprise! I knew a Neo emu was just around the corner. This made my day.

EDIT: Damn! This thing runs pretty nicely. Tried Karnov's Revenge, Pulstar, and Alpha Mission 2. Everything runs near perfect. Took a while to get it working because I forgot to change the config file to the settings I wanted. I just had to get the uni-bios, and change the settings in the config file. Now, here's hoping we get a version soon with a menu that doesn't send you back to the HBC after each game. Either way, this is an awesome EMU! Wii truly is an emulation powerhouse.

kojiro7
November 25th, 2008, 09:24
I tested it on my PAL 3.3v2 Wii, through Homebrew Channel with Metal Slug 1 rom.It works in fullspeed but it loads slow,sound is a bit cruncky and its not fullscreen.
Keep up the good work to your next versions,thank you!

djdynamite123
November 25th, 2008, 13:25
yeah that's right i speak to the author blizzo, he is getting hints off other coders about loading "big roms" like VBA couldn't and now it can :)
also the wiimote A,B is wrong way round,
going to get a menu screen aswell..
new video options etc..

cannot wait!!!

geise69
November 25th, 2008, 15:12
I wonder why this can't use a Cache system yet? Is there even not enough RAM to do that? I know the gp2x only has 64 megs. I don't know what the Wii has in it and how much is free to use. Anyways I have been waiting for a neogeo release for a long while. Thanks a bunch for this release. Will report any bugs I find.

acg12xu
November 26th, 2008, 02:33
I've gotta say this is the emulator that I have been anticipating the most! Thanks for the release.

The Gamecube pad seems to be working awesome for this but is anyone else experiencing problems with a Classic Controller? It seems like it only wants to work sometimes and when it does work it doesn't work too well.

boydd_uk
June 27th, 2009, 10:15
Anyone know if this is still under development. Support for larger roms and full screen mode would make this emulator perfect.

kevenz
June 27th, 2009, 16:26
the guy abandoned the project

djdynamite123
June 27th, 2009, 16:50
he hasn't he had moved house and what he's told me has only just got his wii setup again :/