PDA

View Full Version : Home beta rant.

shadowprophet
November 25th, 2008, 09:57
So there was a closed beta invite as early as a full year ago, and in some regions even earlier then that.

So many people seem to have the beta invitation., how'd they get it? what thing did they buy? what email list are they in?

Every day I hear about more and more people who have their home beta invite,

But not me, not Sp.

so this is to you lucky bastards that did get an invite,.

http://www.oblius.com/images/blogs/middle-finger.jpg
Yeah, you like that don't you!

you lucky bastards!

and another one for the road

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/w/b/bush_finger_flip.jpg

A-holes!! :(

Accordion
November 25th, 2008, 10:41
Its nothing to get excited about.

HOME 1.0 is sharable via the usual account swapping method, you should be able to find someone willing to share.
Not me though, the Europe home space is very different from the US home space, so im guessing they have different applications.
I will see what happens with my US PSN later today, if it works you can have it.

shadowprophet
November 25th, 2008, 10:49
Its nothing to get excited about.

HOME 1.0 is sharable via the usual account swapping method, you should be able to find someone willing to share.
Not me though, the Europe home space is very different from the US home space, so im guessing they have different applications.
I will see what happens with my US PSN later today, if it works you can have it.

That would be pretty suave, if things work out let me know something :thumbup:

pibs
November 25th, 2008, 19:30
Last I heard was that people getting the betas where Qore subscribers.....but I would never go so far as to paying to get into a beta.

Edit: Try this!
1. Start your PS3 and login.
2. Create a brand new account.
3. Log into your PS3 with this account.
4. Sign up for the PlayStation Network and choose to go to the "existing user".
5. Fill in e-mail the following: [email protected]
6. Fill in the following password: raoul94
7. Wait some time and if you've filled in well, then you log onto PSN.
8. Go to the PlayStation Store, then select download history.
9. Select Home beta.
10. Download, install and get going.

Few points of interest, it is a Chinese account so you should proceed on the basis of experience searching the PlayStation Store.. At the time of writing this worked fine (many users have PSFocus the Home beta).

ICE
November 25th, 2008, 19:37
Yeah I saw your quote the other day on my ps3 lol. Im totally with you on this one bro.

DPyro
November 25th, 2008, 23:10
Just find someone with the Home beta if your really that desperate. I already got my Home invite :p

Accordion
November 25th, 2008, 23:45
I have offered an unused beta code to shadow via PM.

situation neutralized!

Triv1um
November 26th, 2008, 00:12
I wouldnt mind trying it to be honest, but i'm too angry to try it.

I might try and buy a beta key just to see if its worth all the hype.

ICE
November 26th, 2008, 00:55
I have offered an unused beta code to shadow via PM.

situation neutralized!

You're forgetting me!! :(

Accordion
November 26th, 2008, 01:27
First come first served.

I will talk with Shadowprophet about the possibility of sharing.
Im hestitant about sharing my own account because i dont want to remove my details, and i have alot of content that would be given away if i shared. Fair enough?

Your not missing anything special, and it will only be a matter of weeks before the beta is on open release. Patience for your dissapointment.

ICE
November 26th, 2008, 01:48
First come first served.

I will talk with Shadowprophet about the possibility of sharing.
Im hestitant about sharing my own account because i dont want to remove my details, and i have alot of content that would be given away if i shared. Fair enough?

Your not missing anything special, and it will only be a matter of weeks before the beta is on open release. Patience for your dissapointment.

Lol its cool bro. I read by the end of the year it'll be out so I can wait if I have to.

dejkirkby
November 26th, 2008, 08:07
For some reason, I've not got high hopes for Playstation Home!

shadowprophet
November 26th, 2008, 13:27
Thanks to brother accordion i finally got to see home for myself:thumbup:

the man deserves a metal,:cool: as for home itself, it seems its not much more then any other 3d avatar chat app out there "right now" just with a very heavy pro sony/ps brand environment. :(

if one doesn't like second life, or apps of that nature, then they wouldn't like home sadly.

ICE
November 26th, 2008, 22:42
I guess I'll toss in my 2 cents as well. I got Home a few hours ago (thanks shadez) and I can see some real potential. For now theres just not enough to do sadly. The good news is that this is just a beta and there absolutely has to be a lot more to this.

Triv1um
November 26th, 2008, 23:26
Shad, care to share with me?

shadowprophet
November 27th, 2008, 07:46
Shad, care to share with me?
yeap, I sent the info to you. you should have a pm waiting for you on your ps3. once you dl home under my account. you can install it under yours :cool:

I also sent this to someone else here, and with that I can only share it with one more person the limit is five people :D

Triv1um
November 27th, 2008, 09:59
yeap, I sent the info to you. you should have a pm waiting for you on your ps3. once you dl home under my account. you can install it under yours :cool:

I also sent this to someone else here, and with that I can only share it with one more person the limit is five people :D

Cheers dude, I will do it when I get back.

I want to see what this is all about.

Thanks dude.

acn010
November 27th, 2008, 12:32
i had th e email 5 months ago... never bothered till like 2 weeks ago lol

Triv1um
November 27th, 2008, 15:42
Just want to say thanks to Shades.

I will report here when its downloaded, and ive played it.

fg-54
November 27th, 2008, 18:27

one last person you say? i just got a ps3 yesterday and i really wanna see what this home thing is about, my username is "fg0054", but seance this is your last, i will completely understand if you want to save it for someone special ;)