PDA

View Full Version : PSP Slim - Putting on Homebrew... and then.. ? help!

mark118
November 25th, 2008, 15:11
Hi everyone,

Im planning on buying a PSP2000 shortly and want to put Homebrew on it. I love my old mega drive/snes games. To do so, am I correct in thinking that hardware wise all i need is the psp, the pandora battery, and the memory card?

Once the homebrew is installed what happens next? Ive found a guide on how to run the installation but then will the PSP load as normal or I do i have to choose which firmware to use? I ask because people are always talking of downgrading but by doing so will I lose some functionality?

Also, when i want to put on an emulator is it just a copy and paste in the applications folder?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. There is a lot to learn

Cov3
December 21st, 2008, 18:11
Okay with the Pandora battery and magic memory stick you would have to make you have a CTF to put on your psp then you done.
Homebrew is just a game so it wont make your psp load any differently and when you use homebrew on your psp slim you have to have it with the same kernel as the CTF you are running for example I'm running 3.90m33 and I use 3.xx kernel based homebrew so when you hack your slim you can go to psp-hacks.com and they have slim homebrew .

Also you mite want to google this problem about the psp slim because I herd that some of the newer mother boards cant be hacked.
And if it helps i got my psp on 8/27/08