PDA

View Full Version : A Nightmare Come true.

shadowprophet
November 25th, 2008, 17:31
Yeap, thats what I said folks. It seems that in this modern age of teleportation and and zero G sports bras. nightmares can still come true.

It seems this woman here, had what she thought was a brain tumor, so they go in remove it only to find a worm in her brain :eek:

I don't know how far reaching hollywoods desensitized influence is in our modern society. But follow me here on this. They found living squirming fish food in this chicks melon!!

Again::eek:

So uhh. Thats pretty scary.. Not only are we succeptable to drop dead from spontaneous cancer and flash gran maul seizures "for no known rhyme or reason"..

Now worms can decide to just snack on our zombie zones....

sigh. is there any terrible nightmares left that haven't leaked through to reality yet??

Go on read it I know you want to, There's a vid too.

http://news.aol.com/the-rewind/article/worm-removed-from-womans-brain/258796

Worm Removed From Woman's Brain

(Nov. 24) - A doctor operating on a 37-year-old Phoenix woman thought to have a brain tumor found something entirely different: a parasitic worm.
ABC News reports (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Story?id=6309464&page=1) that Rosemary Alvarez, who underwent the procedure last summer after experiencing difficulty swallowing and numbness in her left arm, had a tapeworm called Taenia solium inside her head.
It turns out Alvarez likely contracted the tapeworm at some point by eating food tainted with the feces of a person infected with the parasite. "It wasn't that she had poor hygiene, she was just a victim," said neurosurgeon Peter Nakaji, who ended up extracting the worm.
With the exception of a numb feeling in the back of her head, Alvarez has recovered nicely since the operation and is back to living a normal life.
Watch the video below to find out more about Alvarez's ordeal and tell us whether you've ever had a tapeworm.

sYvxbhIOuEo

splodger15
November 26th, 2008, 22:00
Oh my good god that is digusting

Triv1um
November 26th, 2008, 23:32
Nice. I wish I had one.

ICE
November 27th, 2008, 00:47
Wasnt there an episode of House that ended with a brain worm just like this?

NoQuarter
November 27th, 2008, 00:49
Ugghh...

I think I saw this up on reddit or digg or something...

Eviltaco64
November 27th, 2008, 01:06
Oh, my. I'm not one to get queezy watching stuff on tv/internet, but that one part of the video where they were removing the worm from the brain... Man, that's disgusting.

DPyro
November 27th, 2008, 01:42
I'll pass on the video, thank you very much...