PDA

View Full Version : Are People Getting Sick Of Pirating PSP Games?

wraggster
November 25th, 2008, 20:19
Speaking with MTV, Sony's John Koller has revealed that PSP piracy - long the source of Sony's wrath when it comes to the handheld - is on the decline.

We’ve made really no secret [that there] certainly has been some piracy on the PSP. We’ve seen that as a significant issue — it’s trending down right now, we’ve seen the piracy not be as such prevalent in the last month to two months. But it has been a problem for us.

It probably helps there hasn't been anything worth pirating on the PSP in the last month or two (to twelve?) months, but hey, let's not rain on Sony's parade.

http://kotaku.com/5098423/are-people-getting-sick-of-pirating-psp-games

pibs
November 25th, 2008, 21:23
I sure am they just don't fit on my memory stick no more! hahaha I kid, haven't touched my psp in ages since all those updates just got really annoying. I mostly do my portable gamin on the DS.

mike_jmg
November 25th, 2008, 21:38
Most likely people is sick of the lack of psp games this year

koh-kun
November 25th, 2008, 22:18
I don't like the idea of piracy but I hate the idea of UMDs more. Everything is so damn slow to load!!!

devdj
November 25th, 2008, 23:16
i am not sick of pirating psp games or pirating any other thing its just that if its there to download we will all get it but this year there has only been a few good psp games to download like god of war final fantasy midnight club wwe and yu gi oh. Its the real pirates ya need to rid of like those somalis find them and destroy them for robbin the saudis fuel ripping off china stealing weapons from russia and pissing off the west.

crazyhare
November 26th, 2008, 00:06
Speaking with MTV, Sony's John Koller has revealed that PSP piracy - long the source of Sony's wrath when it comes to the handheld - is on the decline.

That's because the PSP is on the decline...

TAzz MAN
November 26th, 2008, 00:31
Im definitely tired of the games on the psp

Art
November 26th, 2008, 02:58
That's because the PSP is on the decline...

Yep, sad to say, but I think most of the PSP community are just sick of the PSP full stop.

I mean piracy of C64 and Amiga games would be onthe decline too :D

carlitx
November 26th, 2008, 02:59
i would say they are, all the games ****ing suck balls.

animekid4
November 26th, 2008, 04:10
......count the number of posts here to the number on the gpsp forums....think ppl.

jamotto
November 26th, 2008, 06:35
People are too busy pirating DS games at the moment.

Aryn
November 26th, 2008, 07:49
Why bother pirating PSP games when I can pirate PS1 games, which offer the same entertainment value (and in some cases more entertainment value) for less space on the memory card?

People usually purchase Nintendo DS systems for their games and purchase PSP systems for the novelty of hacking them and doing things they are not allowed to do.

bacalacadaca
November 26th, 2008, 09:57
i bet it slowed down because the lack of good games and memory haha

now how do i know this?:rolleyes:

carlitx
November 26th, 2008, 17:40
i bet it slowed down because the lack of good games and memory haha

now how do i know this?:rolleyes:

because I already stated the lack of good games. lol.

djbrotherson
November 26th, 2008, 21:47
I know exactly what the problem is... it's the quality of games

There's not enough platformers, everything is in 3D

If they remade 16 bit games or even made more 2D games I GUARANTEE you the PSP would be way more popular. Half these games suck cuz they focus on the graphics too much and it takes up all the space. We need better gameplay and better games. Imagine if they made a Streets of Rage game in 2D or a Megaman game on the PSP, it would be sick cuz the 2D graphics wouldnt take up all that space and they could make the game long enough for everyone to enjoy. These crappy 3D games need to stop, time to go back to the basics

carlitx
November 27th, 2008, 18:36
I know exactly what the problem is... it's the quality of games

There's not enough platformers, everything is in 3D

If they remade 16 bit games or even made more 2D games I GUARANTEE you the PSP would be way more popular. Half these games suck cuz they focus on the graphics too much and it takes up all the space. We need better gameplay and better games. Imagine if they made a Streets of Rage game in 2D or a Megaman game on the PSP, it would be sick cuz the 2D graphics wouldnt take up all that space and they could make the game long enough for everyone to enjoy. These crappy 3D games need to stop, time to go back to the basics

they made Megaman games already, a port of X entitled Megaman Maverick Hunter X and some other chibi MM game. they were really fun.