PDA

View Full Version : Photofast Dual MicroSD TF to MS Pro Duo Adapter

wraggster
November 25th, 2008, 20:38
New from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/product_html/PC_Computer_Photofast_Dual_MicroSD_TF_to_MS_Pro_Du o_Adapter.html?aff_id=24)

http://www.superufo.com/item_photo/item/PC-1351-L.jpg

It can get maximum storage capacity with 2 microSDHC or 2 microSD cards. CR-5400 converts 2 microSD(HC) cards into one MS Pro Duo stick. You can get twice the capacity at a lower price.And the card types can be mixed too.
The adapter works with only one microSDHC card as well. The second slot can be equipped anytime later. You can exchange the cards and upgrade the max. capacity at will!

flipsidecbp
November 25th, 2008, 21:08
While this is certainly an appealing low-cost alternative to actual MSPDuos, isn't there the potential for data loss if any saved files become spread across the two TF cards?

mike_jmg
November 25th, 2008, 21:29
I think that if you don't remove the two TF cards it'll do just fine.

Mine is coming in december, since the friend I asked to buy it for me will come here for the holidays. I can't wait, but I have yet to buy the two SDHC cards, probably two 8GB

shadowriffe
November 25th, 2008, 22:23
What's the max capacity a PSP can read? 8GB? 16GB?

albadross
November 25th, 2008, 23:50
Don't know the max but I have a CR-5400 working fine (but occasionally a bit slowly) with 2 x 16GB Micro SDHC = 32GB

Mauragon
November 26th, 2008, 02:26
I also noticed that it's a bit slow but I have used blackspeed to measure the speed and the index performance was better compared to an real mspd. I'm using mixed type and mixed size microsds. I got an ordinary microsd 2GB and 4GB microsdhc class 2. I'd like to try class 6 microsds and hope it would be much faster

yakumo
November 26th, 2008, 06:18
What about Magic Gate?

dejkirkby
November 26th, 2008, 07:58
I have one of these with 2 8gb Micro SD's and it works really well. I have no data loss at all and the transfer speeds are usually around 8-10 MB/s which isn't too bad.
I would recommend this to anyone looking for cheap memory for their PSP.

djbrotherson
November 26th, 2008, 21:48
I have this exact memstick and it works great. I have two 8 gig micro SD's and the XMB loads up stuff a tad bit slower but nothing that ruins the experience

Best mem stick I've ever had

djiraan
November 26th, 2008, 22:37
I have it too. Got it two weeks ago. Speed is great for large files (7MB/s writing in 2 8GB microSDHC class 4, which means the RAID configuration is really working). It's quite slow writing small files (took me an aeon to copy my ScummVM games) because it lags a little while creating the FAT registry. All in all, a great buy. Bought it in (is this allowed?) DealExtreme: 12$, worldwide shipping, no shipping fees.

Mauragon
November 27th, 2008, 09:52
Hmmmm time to upgrade to 8GBs hehehe.