PDA

View Full Version : PSPSOne Alpha Released (Playstation Emulator for PSP)

wraggster
January 17th, 2006, 07:30
PacManFan has released a new Alpha version of his Playstation Emulator for the PSP, heres what he posted:

"Well everyone,

I've decided to release another ALPHA version of the PSPSOne emulator as a demo so everyone can see how much the speed has progressed.

No BIOS is required for this demo, I'm using the internal HLE Bios built into the emulator. This is the same Paradox demo I released last year, except this runs much faster.

Some techinical info:

-This version is running with the interpreter CPU core, not the recompiler.
-This is running with full 256x256 textures (I can get better speed with 64x64 or 128x128 textures)
-No sound
-Partial debug loggin enabled
-partially optimized build

I'll add a fps counter to all future versions so you can see speeds for yourself. Remember that this Paradox demo was designed to test the very limits of the Playstation."

Thanks to miemt11 for the news :)

Download and give feedback via comments:

kaos
January 17th, 2006, 07:40
looks good and it works with the 2.0 e boot loader

shiftybill
January 17th, 2006, 07:51
interesting . . . i cant wait to play tekken 2 on the go

lowrider22r
January 17th, 2006, 09:03
The emulator works but the game is corrupt and i hear the sounds of the emulator i have psp 2.6 but it looks good besides no game

faramir1985
January 17th, 2006, 11:04
Good news

usoop
January 17th, 2006, 11:29
what about the data ?
what should i use for this ? psone rom?

Voltron
January 17th, 2006, 12:02
:)
Wow, this is cool stuff. Small file size but there is a lot going on when running the EMU. No sound but speed is pretty fast. This does indeed work with Firmware 2.0 PSP's with EBOOT Loader 0.9. This does not appear to be able to play any PSOne iso's or roms at this point. Has anyone gotten anything else to run or is this just a "teaser"???

Seems almost too good to be true but I'm looking forward to the day when I can play FF7 and FF Tactics on a 2.0 PSP. I thought for sure this EMU would only work for 1.5 but I hope all future releases also work with the EBOOT Loader.

Anyone know how to exit? I guess I'll just force the PSP to shut down.

PacManFan, you are awesome. You will definitely be getting donations and support.

jaredz123
January 17th, 2006, 12:04
this is the kind of homebrew ive been waiting for

dkainer
January 17th, 2006, 12:22
Can anyone confirm which games they've gotten to work and how well/ badly they've worked?
Cheers guys.
And, PacManFan, you're the newest coolest dude in town :-)

MaxSMoke
January 17th, 2006, 12:57
I'd like to know when that 900 pound guerrilla known as Final Fantasy 7 will be working on it. It sounds like this release is more of a demo then a functional emulator. Has anyone gotten any games to work on it? It appears that it would need the PSX BIOS ROM in order to load a game, but it doesn't look for that file at this time.

Shiaoran
January 17th, 2006, 13:48
please read my topics:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79697#post79697
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80131#post80131

sorry to post here but it seems that no one besides me visits any of my topics :P

PSmonkey
January 17th, 2006, 14:18
Sweet, soon I will be able to take the 3 ps1 games I comercialy developed with me (sure they suck & are childrens games but the fact I can take them with me on an interview or to show people is freaking great).

Valiant
January 17th, 2006, 14:40
No this doesnt run games...so stop trying <_<

Cap'n 1time
January 17th, 2006, 15:07
I'd like to know when that 900 pound guerrilla known as Final Fantasy 7 will be working on it. It sounds like this release is more of a demo then a functional emulator. Has anyone gotten any games to work on it? It appears that it would need the PSX BIOS ROM in order to load a game, but it doesn't look for that file at this time.

Gorillas move about by knuckle-walking. Adult males range in height from 1.65 m to 1.75 m (5.4 to 5.7 feet), and in weight from 140 kg to 165 kg (305 to 360 pounds). Females are about half the weight of males.

so in other words... Final Fantasy 7 is an obese gorrila. However I am unsure if you ment to spell it like "guerrilla" which means...

Guerrilla (also called a partisan) is a term borrowed from Spanish ("guerra" meaning "war" and "guerrilla" meaning "little war"), and used to describe small combat groups and the individual members of such groups (see Etymology). Guerrilla warfare operates with small, mobile and flexible combat groups called cells, without a front line. Guerrilla warfare is one of the oldest forms of asymmetric warfare. Primary contributors to modern theories of guerrilla war include Mao Zedong, Wendell Fertig, Regis Debray, Vo Nguyen Giap, and Che Guevara. Later students of guerrilla warfare included Swiss Major Hans von Dach who wrote the now widely available Swiss Army field manual "Total Resistance".

Koga
January 17th, 2006, 15:49
The majority of these replies come from people who can't read the entirety of the topic. This is very obv. intended to run only the paradox demo & to show us the progress.

Progress at all is very welcome.

Good job, guy.

not here anymore
January 17th, 2006, 16:25
Yeah agreed Koga, it is very impressive. I hope the author doesn't take all those n00bs comments seriously since they don't deserve to be.
Peeps should learn to be happy with what they get. It saddens me to read stuff such as "FF7 don't work wtf" stuffs.
Later,

TSR

Nono-O
January 17th, 2006, 16:29
Very Good Work =))

satoshi
January 17th, 2006, 17:00
This emulator is getting amazing!!

I'm just thinking in the end of this year we enjoying PSone games on our PSP :)

The PSOne emulator, and the GBA one, will be the biggest release on PSP homebrew history!!!

Zephyroth_drgs
January 17th, 2006, 17:38
this is so good, its the news i have been waiting for, keep up the good work dude!!!

Hevyduty
January 17th, 2006, 18:00
This IS potentially the PSP's killer app. I have a ton of PS1 games I'd love to test with this once it's ready. When the time comes, we'll have to set up an official compatibility thread. Great work by PacManFan.

walrus82
January 17th, 2006, 18:35
Just can't wait for the next release... Soul Reaver, soon you'll be full of fallen souls... Just wait a little more till I can satisfy your hunger...

Kaiser
January 17th, 2006, 19:11
This is awesome news!

Check out Pacmanfan's current web site for the PSPSOne emulator here (http://home.comcast.net/~shernandez1337/PSPSOne.html)

dieboybun
January 17th, 2006, 22:58
yay, that's good news.
why can't i find the new version at the following link?
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspsone.shtml

NeoXCS
January 17th, 2006, 23:22
Yay, this is good news! :) Good work Packmanfan! :D When games become playable I'll need a new memory stick. XD

sgamemu22
January 18th, 2006, 00:01
Same here I would need a new mem stick when its complete. This is great progress PacManFan I really appreciate it.

bobcobb
January 18th, 2006, 00:13
It is an alpha people. He released it to show that there is work in progress, and demo what he has done so far. Of course it will be able to use isos in the future, otherwise it would be worthless.

krazyx86
January 18th, 2006, 00:37
Go PacManFan!! Keep up the great work, and don't give up on us! We are all very greatfull for your work, and I'm sure it impresses everyone!

scarface350
January 18th, 2006, 01:42
this is so good, its the news i have been waiting for, keep up the good work dude!!! would you like me to make a better sephiroth sig for you. That one is Fine i just think it could be better. i wanna practice some of the new fonts and brushes i got.

Back on topic: Man i cant wait till this Emulator plays games. Final Fantasy 7 is the first game ill get for it.

YourStillWithMe
January 18th, 2006, 01:49
I have a 2GB stick and on an average of 500MB always free so i should be ok in the future. This is GOOD NEWS people. I'm sick of this crap news that means nothing and no one cares about.

Tron_Fan
January 18th, 2006, 03:31
Dear Sony....

Here is a clue... people seem to be foaming at the mouth to play PSOne games on the PSP. Do some ports and release them on the PSP on UMD's! (i'd buy a FF7 and Soul Reaver port for sure.)

geise69
January 18th, 2006, 03:43
This is great news but I always wonder why whenever psx/psone emulators are talked about everyone has to say something about FF7 or Symphony of the Night. It's nice people have their games they like and want to play but have any of those people ever played and liked the old Castlevania games or FF 1-6? Also I wonder if some even really played FF7 when it was released? Why is it such a great game. I loved FF 1-6, but sold FF7. The story bored me. Sorry. Dragon Quest 7, Grandia, Arc the Lad, Lunar, those are others people need to try. Especially when this emu starts running ISO's. Go find a copy of those great games to play along with SotN, or FF7 on this great emu. Sorry for the rant but I had to. Branch out people, try new things. It doesn't hurt. Especially when this emu starts being updated. Keep up the great work Pacmanfan!

Kaiser
January 18th, 2006, 04:50
Meh, people just tend to over-rate FF7. FF9 is where its at :)

bugo
January 18th, 2006, 05:28
ff7 is no more... there alot of games in PSone that I like more then ff7, like Chrono Cross...

Kaiser
January 18th, 2006, 05:32
Gah, fighting over what is the best RPG on PSOne is like trying to find the best drop in a glass of beer. Its an unending argument that has been going on for five years and its impossible to settle. PSOne has more masterpiece RPG's then I can count.

Monouchi
January 18th, 2006, 10:34
Awesome work pacmanfan, this will surely be THE killer app on psp.

Just awesome work...

Amazingly cool. :)

Oni
January 18th, 2006, 13:20
I cant wait till this app is complete... this means that i can get Resident Evil:D
Keep up the good work Pacmanfan...

ONI

Voltron
January 18th, 2006, 14:32
Dear Sony....

Here is a clue... people seem to be foaming at the mouth to play PSOne games on the PSP. Do some ports and release them on the PSP on UMD's! (i'd buy a FF7 and Soul Reaver port for sure.)

This is a good point. Considering game sales are what makes or breaks any platform, and the majority of PSP UMD games are "lacking" to put it nicely, a lot can be gained by Sony and others in re-releasing a lot of classic PSOne titles. UMD can hold more data than PSOne CD's so if multi-cd games could be ported to a single UMD, that would be a huge selling point. Due to the power of the PSP, the graphics may be improved upon also.

I would not be suprised if this is already in the works but if Sony takes too long, the homebrew scene will likely find a way. Again, it comes down to priorities. If Sony would stop trying to fight homebrew and delegate that effort to more useful things, the PSP would be a much better device.

Jdemon
January 18th, 2006, 16:29
I think most companies don't want to "re-produce" the same games. FFVII is over and done, and was probably one of the most anticipated and well recieved games the Playstation ever had. There are tons of favorites though, and this Emulator (fingers crossed) sounds very promising. I'll be more excited if we can play FF Tactics on the PSPOne than I will for FFVII. I won't play it again just because I wouldn't have the time. Been there, done that(2 times), had a kick-ass time, what's next? I think Sony/Square-enix will be better putting out a new Final Fantasy game for the PSP than they will re-hashing a port of the old games. I though there was supposed to be an Advent Children game also, not just the movie (which is really great btw) :D

not here anymore
January 18th, 2006, 16:35
Stay on the freaking topic ffs :/
Later,

TSR

Paiku
January 18th, 2006, 21:28
PacManFan this is Imo one of the most exciting things ever happned to the psp scene yet. I might donate some since I just got myself a paypal account :]

Tron_Fan
January 19th, 2006, 05:25
FFVII is over and done, and was probably one of the most anticipated and well recieved games the Playstation ever had.

For my, and probably your, generation. There are a lot of kids out there might still love this game which is still #1 on my list of all time best games.

I guess the point is those that would choose to play it again over an emulator would probably PAY for it on a UMD for the convenience.

Corona
January 22nd, 2006, 02:19
FFVII is the best rated RPG of all time.
It has a following that is larger than most countries.
To suggest that Sony would be stupid to re-release it is not only stupid, it is just plain moronic.
Money makes the world go round.
FFVII = Money
Therefore,
FFVII makes the world go round.
Case closed.

jman420
January 22nd, 2006, 06:24
ok check it out! i have a lot of things to say on the many topics displayed on this thread. . . .

A! this emulator will probobly be the most downloaded ever, and most used. because people want to be able to play their old school ps1 games on a nicer screen, with the abiltiy to play the awesomeness anywhere.

B! i cant wait until this can use accual iso's because as many of you may have noticed, capcom is making resedent evil for DS not PSP. so it would give us the chance to play the greatest (sober playing) resedent evil 2 for ps1, and i say sober playing because the best RE game to play while mentaly impared would be RE4 for gamecube :p

C! for all of you morons that want FFVII on your psp, just buy it! i guess you dont look for psp stuff on any other site, the FFVII is being remade for psp, I dont remember the name of the site, but its being released in japan, and i dont know about the rest of you, but i could still play it in japanese, can play the intire game by memory. . . .
and also! come on, there are so many other final fantasy's why does everyone always narrow it down to FF7, FF8 was about the same quality, had beter music. . . . and of course for those that are accual final fantatsy hard core players, you would remember
final fantasy mystic quest for super nes, (greatest final fantasy ever) and also almost playable on snes tyl 9x. . . or even final fantasy legend 2 for game boy fully playable on RIN. . . .
thank you for reading this all,

if you didnt read all of what i had to say, read it again. . . .

sorry about not capitilizing everything, i dont like ithe shift key when i'm not programing :p

Jman420

jman420
January 22nd, 2006, 06:31
accualy i just found the site,

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ccff7/

there it is, and for those who can speak and read Japanese, you might enjoy this site. . .

jman420
January 22nd, 2006, 06:33
it does very plainly say PSP just to the left of the word system: lol so all of you that have been talkin about this FF7 on psp, maybe you should come back to earth, and just look for what you want. . . :p sorry if i have digressed to far from the original subject. . . . .

i still say this PSX emulator is the bomb, and cant wait till it is released with Resedent Evil 1, 2 and 3 playability :p

Jman420

Festizzio
January 22nd, 2006, 06:56
Jman, that's an entirely different game called FF7: Crisis Core. It is NOT FFVII. Also,

To suggest that Sony would be stupid to re-release it is not only stupid, it is just plain moronic.
FFVII = Money
Therefore,
Case closed.
This post was awesome lol.
Wait, it needs one more thing...

To suggest that Sony would be stupid not to re-release it is not only stupid, it is just plain moronic.
FFVII = Money
Therefore,
Case closed.

jman420
January 23rd, 2006, 06:11
yea moron it says right on the page, "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII" now . . . . . your posting that quote is a direct contridiction of what i have just said. . . you reposted this "sony would be stupid not to re-release it" well, your stupid to post that a 4th time, when it is getting re-released . . . . and above that!

Final Fantasy 7 is over-rated. . . . FF7 has the worst random battle system i have ever seen, you cant even move 10 steps with out being attacked. . . .
come on! FF8 you could stay lvl 9 with no encounters untill the 3rd disc!

all i am trying to say is, I need a smoke. . . .

Jman420

kaede132
January 23rd, 2006, 11:03
umm, that "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII" is just a project name for all the ff7 related games being released. Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII for psp is the 4th title in the compilation. it's an action rpg that centers around the events in nibelheim.

jman420
January 23rd, 2006, 11:18
hmm, well alright lol, its still a RPG game with a working title with the words, "Final Fantasy VII". . . . . and alright thanks for tellin me, err correcting me, err whatever. . . .

sorry about the flaming

I still say PSPSOne is gonna rule when it can play any of the above games :p

Mustang
January 24th, 2006, 01:32
Oddworld on a handheld would be the best thing since I ran Monkey Island on my GP32 many moons ago for the first time - I could actually finish it this time ! lol

Great work, fingers crossed !

israelav
July 9th, 2008, 21:42
how can i install the application psone

cal360
July 9th, 2008, 22:33
how can i install the application psone

This is a very old and unstable emulator. If you're running one of the newer PSP custom firmwares then you already have a PSP emulator built in.

CaptainMorgan4
July 10th, 2008, 06:18
He means PSX emulator built in*.