PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Zero 3 Double Upper Release Update

wraggster
January 17th, 2006, 16:31
I posted about Streetfighter coming to PSP yesterday but now Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3780&lsaid=219793) have posted this article:

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-sf-zero3-jap10.jpghttp://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-sf-zero3-jap8.jpg

The way recent news of Street Fighter II on Xbox Live Arcade spread across the net like wildfire shows Capcom's legendary beat 'em up still packs a punch. So naturally fans are thrilled that this week Street Fighter hit the PSP, and the title they chose to port is regarded by most as the single highest point of the entire series, SF Zero 3 Double Upper (known as SF Alpha 3 MAX outside of Japan). Starting with an all new animated intro, you'll discover beyond the line-up of characters from SF 1, 2, 3, Final Fight 2 and Capcom vs. SNK 2, there's the cute but deadly Ingrid from Capcom Fighting Jam, new to this PSP release. Also unlike the handheld's other fighter, Darkstalkers, which simply stretched the game to fit widescreen, SF here is in true widescreen format. Heading in, there's both single and wireless multi-player options, including a Variable Battle tag-team mode exclusive to the PSP. Here you can switch between your two characters at any point of the match, which also lets you quickly compare how various fighters fare against a specific opponent.

Arcade Mode pits you against 10 fighters, while the in-depth Training Mode lets you manipulate your opponent and even repeat a string of moves for you to practice against. Next Edit Mode allows you to balance your character's attributes to your exact liking and purchase upgrades that'll allow them to deal out more damage, take none when blocking, or automatically guard. Given you have to spend chunks of your 1,000 character points on these however, fights remain balanced. Furthermore with the ISM system you can customize and even create your own combos, then use these characters in modes like World Tour, traveling the globe dishing out pain. As you progress you'll earn even more character points to build up your fighter too. Dramatic Battle Mode teams you up with a computer controlled ally against one enemy, while Reverse Dramatic Battle Mode pits you alone against 2 opponents. Finally over the wireless you can play VS, Team, Variable and Dramatic Battles, proving this is much more than a simple port, it's a jam packed SF explosion! We received stock of the Asian Street Fighter Zero 3 Double Upper a few days early, and so new orders are welcome right now.

PSmonkey
January 17th, 2006, 16:57
Go Lik-Sang & their over pricing !!!
$40 - http://www.buygame2.com/eng/productdetail.php?product_id=6888

slayer2psp
January 17th, 2006, 18:38
just so you know the game is 2.50 so if you want to play this game and not lose your homebrew your going to need a second psp

Psphreak
January 17th, 2006, 20:14
slayer, by the time this is released in the states, Fanjita's loader will have progressed much more and you'll be able to keep your homebrew and have actual 2.5 fw.

Ok, 40 dollars for a totally remade sf2 on the psp is not bad at all! Most of the crappy games (around 90% of psp games) are running at 50 US dollars. I for will wait though for it to be released in the states so it'll give some time for Fanjita to improve on his Homebrew Loader

GizmoSan
January 17th, 2006, 20:31
I've been looking forward to a conversion of street figher Zero 3 on the psp, I guess I'll keep playing the GBA version. the 1.5 psp is too valuable now with the homebrew community getting stronger. Since alot of these games, now are only 2.0 and higher, I picked up a Ninendo DS instead than buying any new PSP games.

Sucks that the only way to play the new games, is to buy another psp. :(

fpcreator2000
January 17th, 2006, 21:13
World Tour mode makes it all worth while, and the fact that they added more to the game makes a reason for me, at least. to upgrade. All I can hope for is that they'll release a version Super Street Fighter II Turbo, and Street Fighter III 3rd strike on the PSP as well.

AtariFreek
January 18th, 2006, 05:50
Cool, Street Fighter For PSP! I Remember Playing Street Fighter On Genesis, And I Thought That Was Great!

bluetheone
January 18th, 2006, 10:06
that Sucks the game is 2.50