PDA

View Full Version : Joystiq asks: What are you thankful for?

wraggster
November 27th, 2008, 16:15
It's Thanksgiving Day here in the states, which means that unless Lara Croft and Nathan Drake have a love child and proceed to shoot up a shopping mall, you're probably not going to hear a whole lot from us today. Even Ludwig, a South African, likes to pretend he's sharing in the festivities with a little faux-turkey he makes every year from hut roof shavings and leopard paws.

But we wanted to have a place for you, the Joystiq Biomass, to commune with each other and share what you're thankful for in gaming this year. It can be a developer, a favorite game, a new mechanic, anything: It's your choice. Heck, we don't even care if you're bursting to give thanks for something non-gaming, as long as we're all together.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/27/joystiq-asks-what-are-you-thankful-for/

mike_jmg
November 27th, 2008, 18:18
thankful in gaming uh?

ok

- Thanks for Microsoft repair service or else my newly acquired 360 would be death

- Thanks for custom Firmware and Pandora's battery

- Thanks for, God of War COO, FF7 CC, Star wars force unleashed and Prinny Ore Ga Shujinkou de Iinsuka

Aryn
November 28th, 2008, 07:02
Well, as far as portable gaming goes, I am thankful for two things:

1. Custom firmwares on PSP systems, they would have been gathering dust if not for the added functionality.
2. The fact that the Nintendo DS still encourages game developers to make some nice games, I use that system for gaming on the go.
3. The Popstation GUI, which allows me to download and play older PS1 games on my PSP while waiting for an original game that is worth purchasing in between homebrew games.
4. The fact that there will not be a new generation for awhile, so that I can finally catch up with the current generation systems.