PDA

View Full Version : Hold On, This Generation Will Be Long

wraggster
November 27th, 2008, 16:20
We're a few years into this generation. We're getting increasingly comfortable with the hardware. While we're not ready to move on, we still wonder: How much longer will it last?

Microsoft's Chris Lewis thinks it's going to last much longer, because of things like scalability. "When you look at NXE, that is a complete revision of the interface and the look and feel and every aspect of the system," Lewis says. Continuing, he adds that this sort of thing is not predicated by new hardware and that Microsoft has done that through software and services.

"So if you think of that scalability and the opportunity to enhance and develop what we do with this platform, then I think it’s very, very possible — and indeed appropriate — that this generation will be longer," says Lewis. "But we’re not specific about when that will happen, and we don’t have a particular timeline that we share right now. But as I said, there’s a lot more still to come."

Moreover the upgraded SKUs help lengthen the live of the console. A longer generation is win-win. Win for companies because they get a better handle on the product. Win for consumers because we get better games and don't have to buy more consoles.

http://kotaku.com/5099549/hold-on-this-generation-will-be-long

Accordion
November 27th, 2008, 16:36
should hope so.

Last generation is still going just fine thanks to PS2.
Only folks trying to end last gen were MS and Nintendo, dont do the same again.

trugamer
November 27th, 2008, 17:42
Nintendo sort of had to end the last gen, the Gamecube was long gone. Not sure about the Xbox.

Mc_Logical
November 27th, 2008, 19:33
It`s like the road runner, sony is the runner ahead, while the coyote sets traps and can`t stay ahead lol ps has out done all since ps1, so i expect ps3 to be the same, not being a fanboy, just statistic and this new motion controller coming for ps3 looks wicked! multiple uses, and probably neat games will be developed, not kiddish wii lol

devdj
November 27th, 2008, 23:17
well i hope microsoft pulls out of the console race after this generation and let some other company join i hope one day SEGA makes a triumphant return and stomps a mudhole in the xbox console series and rips the eyes out microsoft staff lol.