PDA

View Full Version : PSP Tool 0.7

wraggster
November 27th, 2008, 21:06
News/release from raing3 (http://forums.qj.net/showthread.php?t=146074)

Following the leaving of marce82 creator of Ultra Pandora Installer I have decided to add more of the functions from his application and change the name of my application to PSP Tool to better reflect these changes.

PSP Tool is a multi-purpose utility to application which can perform various general management functions on a PlayStation Portable console. This includes:
- Connect various devices through a USB cable
- Inject a variety of included IPLs or an IPL from a file to the Memory Stick
- Erase the entire IPL space of the Memory Stick
- Check the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or a file located on the Memory Stick
- Create a checksum of the IPL injected on the Memory Stick or an IPL located on the Memory Stick
- Extract the IPL injected on the Memory Stick to a file
- Check, Backup, Restore and change the battery EEPROM
- Backup and Restore the IdStorage of the PSP

In this release I made the following changes:
- Added options to check, change, backup and restore the EEPROM of the battery
- Added IdStorage backup and restore options (excludes IdStorage index file)
- Added system information panel
- Fixed a bug which caused the IPL to incorrectly be identified in certain cases
- Fixed issue injecting an IPL from a file if the IPL was changed through the USB connection prior to injecting the IPL
- Fixed issue detecting some IPLs which were smaller than 4KB

I still have a number of functions to implement from marce82's application but most of those should be implemented in the next release. I was also too lazy to take new screenshots so the screenshots below are from the previous release.

Also I am looking for the Tachyon and Baryon values of some motherboards still so if anyone knows what these are could you please post them. The following motherboards cannot currently be identified:
- TA-088v2 Tachyon: 0x00000000 Baryon: 0x00000000
- TA-088v3 Tachyon: 0x00000000 Baryon: 0x00000000 [can't be easily found]
- TA-090 Tachyon: 0x00500000 Baryon: 0x00000000
- TA-090v2 Tachyon: 0x00000000 Baryon: 0x00263100 [can't be easily found]

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments