PDA

View Full Version : posting from my new g1

quzar
November 28th, 2008, 16:33
Just got it for 99$ at navarro (like a spanish cvs) reccomend me some whatever for it..

Shrygue
November 28th, 2008, 17:55
You got yourself a T-mobile G1 (HTC Dream) handset huh? I didn't think you'd settle for that one. What's it like, how good is it?

quzar
November 28th, 2008, 22:22
I'm quite impressed. WiFi, maps, im, and the builtin marketplace (with plenty of free things). Definetly a huge jump from my 6600. It's quite a popular phone/platform because of the google name, which is the reason I got it (for dev purposes, well other than the fact that the other day I dropped my 6600 and now the up/down keys don't work =P).

The selling point was the price. Everywhere had it for 180$ which is the price direct from tmobile, but for some reason that store had it for 100$. We called tmobile to see if it was some sort of scam, and the guy asked what store it was so that he could have a friend go pick one up for him!

You say you didn't think I'd settle for this one, I didn't actually do any research prior, are there others that are significantly better?

Shrygue
November 30th, 2008, 23:17
No, not that, I thought you'd prefer something with Symbian OS over Android, that's all. Not that I've tried either yet myself.

Triv1um
November 30th, 2008, 23:27
Windows Mobile 6 ftw.

quzar
December 1st, 2008, 16:12
No, not that, I thought you'd prefer something with Symbian OS over Android, that's all. Not that I've tried either yet myself.

Ah. My old phone was symbian (one of the first), so I had an interest in carrying over my apps/data/etc. The only problem is that the new symbian (v3 or rev3 or whatever) is entirely incompatible with the first and second versions. So at least in that way I had no good reason to want a symbian phone. I briefly had a windows mobile phone (and before that played around a lot with some winCE phones of my uncle's) and really don't like it.

Android I thought maybe I could try my hand at software for. Plus...100$

Edit: Oh, also, when I went to the main page on my phone (huge mistake) I for the first time ever saw the popup ad that everyone talks about. I guess it's just Opera that kills it (which reminds me to install Opera on the phone).