PDA

View Full Version : Chrono Trigger for Europe in February

Shrygue
November 28th, 2008, 18:57
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=320710)

Sources close to Square Enix have told Eurogamer that Chrono Trigger DS will get a release here in February.

The fabulous RPG remake launched earlier this week in the US, and has picked up the sort of universal acclaim the original received back on the SNES.

Being impatient, we decided to import a copy, and revelled in a past masterclass of game development. But there are extras here, too: a new dungeon, an additional ending, plus the two-screen display, touch-screen controls and Wi-Fi multiplayer.

Flygon
November 28th, 2008, 22:52
Thats it, I am downloading Chrono Trigger to lower their sales and express my anger at this extensive delay.

Actions speak louder than words.

goshogun1
November 29th, 2008, 03:43
That sucks. I have the US game, and am loving it. But, I can see no reason whatsoever to delay it in any way.
Also, the touch screen control sucks (at least for moving charracters around the maps), and should be avoided, as the classic control scheme works much better. Also, it's local wireless only. No online wifi battling and such. Still, if you haven't played Chrono Trigger before, its a "magical" experience. Such an awesome game...to bad about the wait though. :(

marzsyndrome
November 29th, 2008, 11:51
Square seem to have hated Europe pretty much since forever. They didn't even bother with us back in the early days, and when they eventually did decide to acknowledge us, everything they brought out I believe was significantly delayed compared to Japan and America. It can't be down to translation issues, seeing as they just use whatever the US uses.

Meh.