PDA

View Full Version : XLink Kai Founders To Produce Commercial Online Service for Sony PSP?

wraggster
January 17th, 2006, 20:27
Source Xbox Scene (http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEFZuZEpVlVorcPNDN.php)

Xantium the webmaster of really the only Xbox & Xbox 360 hacking site you need to visit posted this earlier

<blockquote> It's not really Xbox related, but we've always been following up on XLink Kai(info) stuff so I thought it'd be interesting to mention we got some leaked information from sources close to the people behind the XLink Kai tunneling software claiming that they are about to announce a new commercial PSP online gaming network - possibly as soon as Q2 this year.

Will this be a tunneling service - or something more unified - like Xbox Live!? Is it officially supported by Sony (unlikely)? Why is it a commercial product from a crew which have always contributed free services to the community? Will it get support from game developers? How is it different from the existing Kai PSP support (that will not cease to exist of course and development will continue) - justifying a price tag?

Notable members of Kai's technical crew have either resigned or gone missing over the last few months - so this story could have some weight.
Looking over XLink's site gives nothing away, and attempts to contact the resigned members have gone unanswered.</blockquote>

AtariFreek
January 19th, 2006, 00:56
I'm Sorry, WHO CARE??? Most People Will Probably Just Stick To Xlink Kai To Play Online, I Know I Will...Unless Of Course This New Version Is FrEe!!!!!

Produkt
January 19th, 2006, 01:00
Who knows... Voice chat and better connectivity/reduced packet loss... might be fun...