PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Disc Channel v0.2

wraggster
November 29th, 2008, 12:45
News/release from Sierra dev (http://www.sierradev.org/)

Using the Homebrew Disc Channel, you can load homebrew programs from regular ISO9660 DVDs. It supports (sub)directories.

Note: the name Homebrew Disc Channel is actually wrong; the program was intended as either an add-on to the Wii Disc Channel or a separate channel, but due to the fact that BootMii will need a SD card to load, turning this program into anything other than a regular homebrew program will be useless in a couple of months.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

iofthestorm
November 29th, 2008, 21:48
Does this work without a modchip? I've only got a measly 256MB SD card so loading homebrew from DVD would be cool, although USB would be best.

Does this work without a modchip? I've only got a measly 256MB SD card so loading homebrew from DVD would be cool, although USB would be best.

If you read the page, it says it uses DVDX. So yes, you can use it without a modchip.

djdynamite123
November 30th, 2008, 23:29
i dont even see the point in this big apps have dvd support, so why would apps need to be loaded from DVD, its not like you have 4.7gb worth of apps, when you can use SDHC cards !

i dont even see the point in this big apps have dvd support, so why would apps need to be loaded from DVD, its not like you have 4.7gb worth of apps, when you can use SDHC cards !

Because some of us have really small SD cards? My SD card only holds 128mb... and I can't put much on there. Sure, some space got freed up once I was able to load ROMs off of the DVDs, but I still can't put everything on there that I want. This is a solution for me.