PDA

View Full Version : Zelda director won't quit until he surpasses Ocarina of Time

wraggster
November 30th, 2008, 20:02
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time turned 10 years old last Friday. Remarkably, even after a decade of technological advances and narrative achievements in gaming, it remains atop Gamerankings' list as the highest rated game of all time. However, if Eiji Aonuma (director of Ocarina and every subsequent Zelda title) has his way, the Hylian N64 classic will be dethroned in his lifetime.

In a recent interview with Nintendo Power, Aonuma expressed his lofty career goals -- he plans to stick with the Zelda series until he creates a title that surpasses Ocarina of Time. This is fantastic news, as Aonuma's continued involvement with the series is likely the only reason we've yet to see a spin-off title featuring a gun-toting Dark Link.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/29/zelda-director-wont-quit-until-he-surpasses-ocarina-of-time/

fook123
November 30th, 2008, 21:09
This is good news.

grossaffe
November 30th, 2008, 22:56
Awesome. I personally thought TP was up there with OoT, but as long as he keeps up the good work, I'm sure we'll all be pleased with the results.

jrsmaster411
December 1st, 2008, 00:41
I think the sonic team has the same idea >.>

mcdougall57
December 1st, 2008, 01:15
I personally preferred TP over Ocarina and I've been playing the latter for years.

kingslime80
December 1st, 2008, 20:21
I consider OoT's story a little overly dark and it screwed with the timeline, making way for my LEAST favourite zelda games, MM and WW. TP had an equally dark story, but presented it in a lighter fashion. That and I've always been a Werewolf fan. :P

But of course it didn't have the same level of play in the Dungeons (the Mansion with the Yetis was an exercise in frustration and I STILL consider the boss WAY too easy by OoT standards.)

Besides, many people don't like ANY of the Zelda games since OoT, so that's likely what he's referring to.