PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Dreamcast Commercial Game

wraggster
May 14th, 2004, 22:10
Whats the Best Dreamcast Commercial Game?

Lets have some fun by seeing what the most popular choices are :)

we could have best beat em up is blah and so on. lets hear what you think :)

vipor231
May 14th, 2004, 22:54
jee that is tough one.dreamcast has alot of good games for it.what blew me a way when i first got a dreamcast was sonic adventure and soul calibur.i mean arcade perfect console here my friends.so the best game would have to be if i can pick 2 games it would be sonic adventure and soul calibur.

Kamjin
May 17th, 2004, 00:56
That is a tough question..
There's a few.. But I would say
Soul Caliber/DOA for looks I'm far from a fighting game fan, but I play
these.
But Code Veronica.. was a nice show off piece to all the buddy
who thought the PSX was a better machine..

souLLy
May 17th, 2004, 02:07
Jet Set Radio... no contest.

wraggster
May 17th, 2004, 02:48
best wrestling game for me was Giant Gram 2k

Soul Caliber 2 was best beat em up.

no real great footie games though

vipor231
May 17th, 2004, 03:46
well nfl 2k2 was good.of course madden is king now on the sony and xbox consoles.

curt_grymala
May 17th, 2004, 15:10
The Sega Sports games were all fantastic.
Sonic Adventure was incredible (very close to being the best game).
House of the Dead 2 was great.

My favorite: Soul Reaver. The graphics are awesome, the characters are great, the gameplay is really cool, and the story is good.

Hawq
May 17th, 2004, 17:15
Soul Calibur, especially when played with the fishing rod, also Crazy Taxi with the fishin rods good just rather tiring

Dschingis
May 17th, 2004, 17:28
The one and only 1# is for me: :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-X :-/ :-* :'( :D :D :D

SHENMUE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

curt_grymala
May 17th, 2004, 19:33
The one and only 1# is for me: :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-X :-/ :-* :'( :D :D :D

SHENMUE ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Do you, by an chance, like smilies?

vipor231
May 17th, 2004, 22:30
shenmue is another great one,i beat that game.great story.i wish it was a little longer cuz i got into it so much

Darksaviour69
May 18th, 2004, 15:52
i will say shenmue too.... and REZ

Skies of Arcadia is a great game too

no real great footie games though

SWWS on the saturn was the best football (soccer for the US lads) i have ever played , only recently beaten by Pro Evo 3

swws 97 and NiGHTS were the 2 game that made me buy the Saturn!

when i heard SWWS was going to be on the DC, i thought it was going to be great! what a let down! turns out sega got silcon dreams to do the DC versions, all of then SWWS 2000, SWWS euro, UEFA dream , all shit!

WaCk0
May 18th, 2004, 21:29
Its difficult to choose only 1

Jet Set Radio
Shenmue
F355 (the main reason that I bought my DC 8) )

quzar
May 18th, 2004, 21:50
Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Ikaruga
Skies of Arcadia
Soul Calibur
Rez

The list goes on and on

dr_Evil
May 18th, 2004, 23:24
The best one for me would be starlancer, with a doubt: headhunter(coolest graphics and ...)what the hell...HEADHUNTER is the best.
8)

Turrican2K
May 18th, 2004, 23:30
Headhunter
Shenmue
Jet Set Radio
Tokyo Highway Challenge 2
Sonic Adventure 1

shrimphead
May 18th, 2004, 23:37
Ikaruga.. fantastic game, I also really loved Grandia 2. I keep meaning to play Skies of arcadia, never got round to it though :(

Antichrist666
May 19th, 2004, 01:33
These , surely best ones:

Shenmue 2
RE: Code Veronica
F355 Challenge
Zero Gunner 2
The House of the Dead 2
Shikigami no Shiro II
Soul Calibur
REZ
Skies of Arcadia
Border Down

BBS
May 27th, 2004, 19:37
Shenmue 1
Star Wars Episode 1 - Jedi Power Battle (i love it, but it is very hard for me)
Street Fighter 3 Double Impact
Metropolis Street Racer
Sonic Adventure 1+2

Styrofoam
May 31st, 2004, 20:37
So many to choose from :-/

Virtua tennis 2 is the winner, but closely followed by HotD2, Ikaruga & Rez :)

blackpuma
May 31st, 2004, 21:45
definitely it is not the best game on DC but i've spent the most hours playing with my friends with Virtua Striker 2 ver 2000.1 ;)
this game has much fun and many many tricks to play with! whats the score of your best goal mr. VStriker fan??

also the new puyo pop fever is a great game

Christuserloeser
May 31st, 2004, 21:54
;D PuyoPuyoFever! I am gonna buy it soon! No matter how much it'll cost me!

popley
June 2nd, 2004, 01:06
my fav games for dreamcast are

power stone (most fun fighting game)
out trigger(best fps)
Demolation Racer!!!(best derby game)
PSO(best over all game)
MDK2(best platform game)

J_Villa1983
June 2nd, 2004, 02:28
I would say the best games for the dreamcast were sadly the last games for dreamcast... I just beat shenmue 2(EU) and i thought dispite the utterly long ending that was the best game for dreamcast and probly one of the most awsomest games ive ever played. also on the list is sonic adventure 2 as well as jet set radio.

curt_grymala
June 4th, 2004, 13:59
Don't know if this really counts as a commercial game, but it has really moved up on my list of favorites recently - Feet of Fury. I'm not a big fan of dancing in the first place, and really not a big fan of dancing games, but this one is loads of fun, and really challenging. I played DDR in an arcade the other day (killing time while my kids were blowing their tokens), and I realized just how much better FOF is than DDR. It's amazing.

Ian_micheal
June 19th, 2004, 18:46
Yeah I never be caught playing DDR. prettyy funny mental image of you jumpin around on a floor mat going FOF on dc is better and it's HOMEBREW. DC STUFF you can get a demo there or at Sbiffy.

Best DC game Hmm hard to pick any as the best. I say Lw the diablo type clone. 100% the game i spent the most time on 60+ hours.

the rest were dust collectors.

WHurricane16
June 19th, 2004, 19:39
Funny how everyone is saying "Jet Set" over "Jet Grind". *I have both versions of the game, and I do like the Japanese version better.

Second best: Skies of Arcadia. I'm still playing that damn game....

curt_grymala
June 19th, 2004, 20:20
Yeah I never be caught playing DDR. prettyy funny mental image of you jumpin around on a floor mat going FOF on dc is better and it's HOMEBREW.
I think it would be even funnier if you knew what I looked like. I am sure it was pretty hilarious.

DC STUFF you can get a demo there or at Sbiffy.
I think what Ian Micheal meant to say was: You can get the demo of Feet of Fury from DCStuff or Sbiffy!com. In actuality, DCStuff does not have the demo, but DCHomebrew and Sbiffy!com both have copies of the demo. If you haven't tried it, then you absolutely have to.

guymelef
June 20th, 2004, 02:40
jet set moves a bit slow but is oddly addictive.
I don't care what anyone says Marvel vs capcom2 is the best.
(but that "I wanna take you for a ride." stuff does get awfully anoying. but that's it.
Here is a pitch what about jet set online? 4 people per dreamcast going head to head against another 4 people for supremacy over a given turf. keep track of score and such and maybe downloadable map patches -blah blah blah -topic hijacked

bloodyskies
June 20th, 2004, 06:23
for me, it's gonna have to be Sega Rally 2 - that game was an arcade perfect incarnation of the best arcade racing game around. The dreamcast was exceptionally good at racing games, and I still love MSR and F355 (though the handling is slightly too realistic for my liking). The dreamcast was made for arcade games, and Tennis 2K2 (Virtua Tennis 2) was absolutely superb also.

I also loved some of the slightly weird games, REZ was great, as was Cosmic Smash (which admitedly was an arcade port of a slightly weird squash game).

For beat em ups. there are only two really good ones, Soul Calibur and Guilty Gear X. GGX wins the 2D fighting crown by an absolute mile, and is miles better than GGXX on the PS2.

For me, Sega Rally 2 is king, but the three also include Gulty Gear X and Tennis 2K2.

Cornholio
June 28th, 2004, 09:29
I'll categorise my personal favs my genres:

Action/Adventure: Sonic Adventure

RPG: Shenmue 2

Sports: Virtua Tennis 2

Puzzle: Chu Chu Rocket

2D Fighting: Marvel VS. Capcom 2

3D Fighting: Soul Calibur

Survival Horror: Resident Evil Code: Veronica

Light-Gun: The House of the Dead 2

Racing: Daytona USA 2001

Christuserloeser
June 28th, 2004, 09:35
hm, the best Dreamcast beat'em up would be Garou - Mark of the Wolves
The graphics weren't that good but the gameplay is absolutley the best of all beat'em ups I've ever played!

PS: Sega Rally 2 is great! Too bad the European release is so slow (50Hz only + awful localization)

NickDX
April 21st, 2009, 14:37
Sonic Adventure!!!
Come on its either this or that Shenmue!!!

House Of The Dead 2 with the gun was also pretty cool!!!

beetroot bertie
April 22nd, 2009, 15:41
That's some mighty fine bumpage there.

For what it's worth I think Soul Calibur is the best commercial DC game, Rayman 2 being my second fave.

I liked Sonic Adv. and Shenmue truely has a unique feel all of it's own but there are so many great games. Rez, Jet Set Radio, Samba De Amigo, Ikaruga, Powerstone etc all spring to mind. Too many to mention without writing a long list :)

dcdood
June 26th, 2009, 22:05
Super Bump :P .. lol, but my choices (after getting a couple games finaly :P )

Top 5 Games:

Shenmue (Awesome, but boring at times waiting for the time change :(

Jet Set Radio
Sonic Adventure
Crazy Taxi
RE: CV

marks960
June 26th, 2009, 22:16
r4-nintendo.com have the best array of M3 real cards, R4 ds cards, R4 dsi cards and the NEW Acekards 2 downloads we hope you take pleasure in using this site whilst getting only the best for your DS!

marks960
June 26th, 2009, 22:17
r4-card.com have the hottest selection of R4 DS cards, R4 DSi cards, M3 real cards, and the NEW Acekard 2 downloads. We hope you benefit greatly from using this site whilst getting truly the easiest media enhancers you could ever imagine having for your DS console!

marks960
June 26th, 2009, 22:18
Nintendo R4

marks960
June 26th, 2009, 22:19
Juego Nintendo R4