PDA

View Full Version : Ys The Ark of Napishtim

wraggster
January 18th, 2006, 18:32
New Commercial PSP Game released (well i think so anyway :p)

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-ys-jap.jpg

In the latest game in the series that originated in 1987, players assume the role of Adol Christian and embark on a rich adventure set on a deserted island. This time Nihon Falcom changed for a 3D action-RPG featuring stunning magical skills and a rebuilt gameplay.

More info --> http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=8493&lsaid=219793

Voltron
January 18th, 2006, 19:24
I can't wait for this game. But does anyone know if this will be pretty much an exact port from the PS2 version, or will this be different from the PS2 release?

hagbard
January 18th, 2006, 20:55
AFAIK is the same than the PS2 port, with a closer point of view

b8a
January 18th, 2006, 21:47
Finally, the game I bought my PSP for. Does anyone know if it has any particular firmware requirements?

Game Collector
January 19th, 2006, 01:45
My game should be arriving tomorrow along with some other new releases (Taito Memories Pocket, Comic Party Portable), I will post firmware requirements when I get them. I am really excitted to get PSP Ys FINALLY after so much delay, I loved the PC game but I skipped the PS2 version to wait for the PSP version so it better be good! I read on a message board someone said that there is so voice in the PSP version, I really hope this is incorrect but I kind of doubt it anyway. I just hope to be playing the trully awesome Ys Oath in Felghana one day on my PSP, I think I liked that even more than Ys VI and it has to be the best remake I have ever played.

geise69
January 19th, 2006, 02:26
Yes Ys the Oath in Felghana is an amazing remake. I loved Ys III for it's amazing music. I also didn't mind it being more of an action rpg either. It still felt like Ys. Now I know Ys Book I&II were still better but honestly I liked Ys III's soundtrack even more. It would be very awesome to see this on the psp, also in English. I just hope this Ys Ark of Napishtim gets ported better than the PS2 version did. It looks like the sprites are back which is good. I'm also curious to know if they kept the new ps2 content in as well. Anyways it's still going to be the best RPG for psp, UMD wise anyways. Definitly a buy for me, but I'll be waiting for the US release on March 1st.

jman420
January 19th, 2006, 02:26
omfg! dudes! i been playing Y's since sega master system, still own it, but hey if anyone can help me, what firmware does it take? can it be played on 2.0 firmware still? and any other information about ys for psp, such as. . . . ys book 1 and 2 coming out on psp? lol

i still own the following,

sega master system, Y's the vannished omens (greatest f'n game ever!) and also have it on my psp. . . .

Y's book 1 and 2 for turbo grafx cd, (ok remake)

Y's 3 wanderers from ys for snes (lamest ys game ever,Great music though, still not quite as good as say, the first ys though. . .)

Y's 4 for SNES (alright change back to top view RPG with good music and all)

Y's 5 Expert for Snes (crappy RPG, and never hacked to be in english)

and ys1, 2, 3, 4 all on psp via roms and emulators,
ps. i own all the games I have said :p

Game Collector
January 19th, 2006, 07:42
I also love the Ys series (or any Falcom game for that matter), I too first experienced it on the good old SMS. I have:

Ys The Vanished Omen SMS
Ys Book I&II PC Engine
Ys I&II Complete Edition LE (awesome packaging and extras, best version of Ys I&II and both games are now 100% translated in English, there is even a fanmade version of the PCE's music for it which makes the game even better!) JWIN
Ys Book III PC Engine
Ys III Wanderers From Ys Mega Drive
Ys IV Dawn of Ys PC Engine (Now fully translated in English and MUCH better than the SFC's Mask of the Sun, I still wonder how the M-CD version of MotS would have been :( )
Ys V SFC
Ys VI The Arc of Napishtim DVD LE JWIN (The game that revived the Ys legend, and how!)
Ys The Oath in Felghana DVD LE JWIN
Falcom Classics(Ys I) Saturn
Falcom Classics II(Ys II) Saturn

And hopefully tomorrow, Ys VI PSP! Yay!