PDA

View Full Version : Acekard 2i - Worlds First DSI Flashcard Announced

wraggster
December 2nd, 2008, 19:41
The Acekard (http://www.acekard.com/news.php) team have today announced the worlds first Flashcart to get by the security features on the DSI,

Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/v/33q1y0UN4cA

We are proud to announce our latest acekard now fully works on DSi, we call this new product Acekard 2i.

Acekard 2i is completely compatible with Acekard 2, besides, the 2i works on DSi.

Acekard 2i will come up in a very short time, please keep eyes on our website, thank you.

Awesome news for Homebrew on the DSI

http://digg.com/nintendo/Acekard_2i_Worlds_First_DSI_Flashcard_Announced

rohan6b
December 2nd, 2008, 21:09
awesome. can this play gba games.

iofthestorm
December 2nd, 2008, 21:21
Nice, although I'd prefer an SD slot hack. Still, this basically removes my only qualm about the DSi, this way we won't have to worry about converting music to AAC and have all the awesome DS homebrew.

Epic Pie
December 2nd, 2008, 23:04
awesome. can this play gba games.
No slot 1 card will ever be able to play GBA games booted from slot 1, the GBA games will be sold through the Nintendo Store on the DSi.

BTW you are a f*cking retard.

fahoogawad
December 3rd, 2008, 00:49
No slot 1 card will ever be able to play GBA games booted from slot 1, the GBA games will be sold through the Nintendo Store on the DSi.

What are you talking about? I play GBA games all the time from my slot 1 card. You just need a GBA emulator on your card and some GBA roms.

Flygon
December 3rd, 2008, 00:51
Actually, because the DSi is more powerful, and considering you can download them, they may be able to make an emulator on the DSi that can play GBA games :P

Long story short, if Nintendo can do it, the homebrew community can do it too :P

gutbub
December 3rd, 2008, 04:04
Doesn't the DSi recieve firmware updates? Whose to say that the first update for DSi, after Acekard 2i is released, won't just stop flashcards once again?

wtfisausername
December 3rd, 2008, 04:29
Doesn't the DSi recieve firmware updates? Whose to say that the first update for DSi, after Acekard 2i is released, won't just stop flashcards once again?

Yes, but Acekard also have firmware updates that could bypass Nintendo's later on fix. Well, it has a flashable chip in AK 2i unlike AK 2. So hopefully that would work.

iofthestorm
December 3rd, 2008, 05:11
What are you talking about? I play GBA games all the time from my slot 1 card. You just need a GBA emulator on your card and some GBA roms.

Umm... too bad there isn't a GBA emulator for DS.

Justinistheman
December 3rd, 2008, 06:47
this makes me happy

smero
December 3rd, 2008, 16:24
this was faster than i expected
this just proves nintendo no matter how much you want us gone you cont stop homebrew

davidcrew
December 3rd, 2008, 19:06
so what was that amount of time? A month since it was released kinda?

That was speedy! =D

Jeric
December 3rd, 2008, 20:13
Its better to get the homebrewers on your side immediately, else they'll simply resort to the same tools pirates do.

Seriously, Nintendo should've consulted the communities out here on how best to allow user content while at the same time blocking commercial roms.

Meh, I'm just gonna save up for the second batch of pandoras.

goshogun1
December 3rd, 2008, 21:49
Nice. Now I might actually buy a DSi. Not for the camera or online shop. Just for a nicer/bigger screen. Don't care about the GBA support removed, as I can just play on my DS Lite.

some_guy_named_matt
December 4th, 2008, 06:34
im sure it wont be long, but if/when there able to "disable" the region lock, ill look into getting a DSi and a new card.

till then, im content with my m3 ds real, and my dslite. :D

[Matt]

Okami_Ninja
December 4th, 2008, 21:34
Umm... too bad there isn't a GBA emulator for DS.

Well if it plays .gba nativly then it can obviously run goomba or pocketnes to run them, ... but if it can run .gba nativly why even need an emulator, ... I would like to see an actual demo of this (if a gba game can run from the sd slot) if it can then why not from a slot1?

trugamer
December 5th, 2008, 18:22
Well if it plays .gba nativly then it can obviously run goomba or pocketnes to run them, ... but if it can run .gba nativly why even need an emulator, ... I would like to see an actual demo of this (if a gba game can run from the sd slot) if it can then why not from a slot1? But he's pointing out that no emulator exists for the ds in any of its forms, while people are claiming to play GBA games from slot 1.

And the GBA slot is faster than slot 1, so you can't run the games from there and the DS hasn't got enough RAM to store proper GBA games.Some homebrew might work but this has always been seen as pointless as you can just use slot 2.

Finally I'm pretty sure downloading GBA games from Nintendo is just rumour and speculation.

drexegar
December 16th, 2008, 06:15
Let me give you guys some facts,

While programming on the DS, People realized that the DS is actually a GBA mix with other hardware, why is that? Because the X and Y buttons are completly seperated from the other buttons (Its a pain in the ass to add programming to the X and Y buttons on the ds), meaning people found out that nintendo just took gba hardware and build on top of that.

Gba hardware was intergrated with the DS and the DS games use the gba hardware as well, which means that there is no way nintendo could not get rid of the GBA hardware if they wanted to make the old DS games compatible.

So I can bet my right hand chopped off that the DSI can still run gameboy advance games, and all they need for gba roms to run is from 8 to 32 mb of ram, I would not be surprised if the DSI has at least 32 mb of built in ram.

But if nintendo has a trick up there sleeve, with 256 mb of storage space, I would believe that nintendo will have there own handheld virtual console, complete with gba games that range from 8 to 32 mb, as well as even game boy color and regular game boy games, they possibly might have other games from other systems like game gear as well and any other portables, if nintendo is trying the make a DSI a portable version of the Wii, there a high chance this will happen. And Its 100% possible.

GBA hardware is still in the DSI cause DS software uses the GBA hardware. This is a fact. And nintendo not going to waste time and money to make a new handheld that runs on a totally different hardware.

drexegar
December 16th, 2008, 06:18
one more thing there is no emulator to let you play GBA games on a slot 1. Impossible.

But there is though the M3 real that lets you store your gba roms on a slot-1 device and by the use of a ram cartidge, and loads the data into the ram cartridge from the slot-1, but its still not running from the slot one.

woodlander
March 8th, 2009, 22:02
agree with you there, drexegar.

We now know that the DSI has 16MB of RAM, which means you could run virtually all GBA games from that (Kingdom Hearts is the only game I've come across that uses more). I think they could be stored on whatever flash memory you've got, then written to the RAM, in much the same way as the PS RAM works on the ezflash 3 in 1. Infact I seem to recall that is infact the same amount of RAM there is for PS mode (16 MB) and it has 32 MB of NOR RAM

Flygon
March 9th, 2009, 02:40
(Kingdom Hearts is the only game I've come across that uses more).
Mother 3 uses 32mb.