View Full Version : First week Resistance 2 sales only two-thirds of original

Shrygue
December 2nd, 2008, 20:19
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/resistance-2-sales-only-two-thirds-of-original)

Resistance 2, the sequel to the PlayStation 3 launch title, has debuted on the UK software sales chart in tenth place, with sales only reaching two-thirds of the original.

Meanwhile, Call of Duty: World at War continues to dominate the region and came in again at number one, despite unit sales falling a further 30 per cent, having dropped 51 per cent the previous week. Need for Speed: Undercover jumped two places from last week to come in fourth, while pushing FIFA 09 down a place to third.

Nintendo's Mario Kart Wii dropped to number four, while the company's DS title, Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training, climbed a place to number five. Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 moved up two places from last week to come in at number six.

Tomb Raider: Underworld also saw its sales rise, boosting the title from ninth to seventh place, as Wii Play also jumped to number eight from ten.

Activision's Guitar Hero: World Tour climbed up two positions from last week to come in at ninth place.

UK software sales chart follows:

01. Call of Duty: World at War
02. Need for Speed: Undercover
03. FIFA 09
04. Mario Kart Wii
05. Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training
06. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
07. Tomb Raider: Underworld
08. Wii Play
09. Guitar Hero: World Tour
10. Resistance 2

basilb
December 3rd, 2008, 02:33
maybe they should have released Resistance2 on xbox360 as well lol

havoc_012
December 3rd, 2008, 04:01
Although Resistance 1 had good production values, it was nothing special.

Can't say I'm surprised..

goshogun1
December 3rd, 2008, 05:52
Also, the amount of A+ games coming out in these last few months is crazy. I myself had to pass on many games, because there are too many good ones coming out. Especially in this genre.

Darksaviour69
December 3rd, 2008, 09:10
Since there were few other ps3 games out when the first Resistance came out, this really isn't that surprising

davidcrew
December 3rd, 2008, 19:05
Also, the amount of A+ games coming out in these last few months is crazy. I myself had to pass on many games, because there are too many good ones coming out. Especially in this genre.

agreed.