PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Prize Giveaway: Galactic Civilizations/Imperium Romanum (UK and Eire only)

Darksaviour69
December 3rd, 2008, 09:33
Kalypso Media and DCEmu have teamed up to give away copies of Galactic Civilizations 2 Ultimate Edition (which recently got 4.5/5 in our review (http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/game-review-galactic-civilizations-2-endless-universe-pc--171375.html)) and Imperium Romanum Gold Edition to 3 Lucky DCEmu members.

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/613-2/Galactic+Civilizations+2+Ultimate+Edition.jpghttp://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/615-2/Imperium+Romanum+Gold+Edition.jpg
http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/616-2/GALCIV003.jpghttp://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/614-2/IR001.jpg
This contest is available to residents of the UK and Ireland only.

To enter this contest all you have to do is to post a reply to this news post and answer the following question:

Which would you prefer to conquer, ancient Rome or future space (and why)?

You may only post your answer once, and duplicate entries will be disqualified from the contest. This contest is only open to residents of the UK and Ireland (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

This contest will close on Monday the 22th of December 2008.

If you want to post a reply to this post but do not qualify for the contest e.g. live outside the UK and Ireland, please post "I'm not entering the contest" thanks

Winners will be chosen randomly from qualified posts and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.

ojdon
December 3rd, 2008, 12:01
I'd say Future Space, I've always loved the thought of flying around in space as a kid, plus History is so in the past. ;)

mrquiteaguy
December 3rd, 2008, 14:26
I would prefer to conquer future space.
Knowing Roman History,they would put up a tough fight.

unigamer
December 3rd, 2008, 15:20
Future space because I want to be able to fly.

pspmodel1001
December 3rd, 2008, 16:11
posted 5 times in a row. Damn!

stevo11185
December 3rd, 2008, 18:47
I like roman fighting because swords are so much more realistic than plasma guns. Controlling an army would be more fulfilling than some spaceships ^^

Sketchy
December 3rd, 2008, 21:31
I like roman fighting because swords are so much more realistic than plasma guns.

Errm....yes because plasma guns are just fiction....for now ;) also plasma guns are so dated, Id use a high intensity charged particle cannon.

I'd say Future Space, there'd be massive motherships, with plasma cannons, and high intensity lasers, I'd have a forcefield too...one way though, I can shoot out but enemys cant shoot in!

Plus think of all the destroyers/motherships/galaxies/planets to 'aquire'!!

*sigh* *starts researching Cyrogenics...*

adekunle
December 3rd, 2008, 22:04
i would prefer future space as i would have an arsen of different laser weapons and space ships

splodger15
December 3rd, 2008, 22:06
It would have to be future space reason being is that there is much more advanced technology in future space then there is in Ancient Rome ,What does Ancient Rome have to offer.

goan02
December 3rd, 2008, 22:13
Id say the romans because the roman empire is a lot smaller than space but would put up a good tough fight

Darren Cross
December 7th, 2008, 18:33
romans would be more fun and think of all the women in those days too :P

ShiftyBoy
December 8th, 2008, 22:59
Space. Then I could build a time machine and to crazy things in the past, like giveing hover-boards to penguins.

Merc
December 9th, 2008, 19:09
For me it would have to be Ancient Rome....
The thrill of the fight, the atmosphere of the parade ground.
The sound of metal on metal, sword upon sword.
The chance to command a well trained fighting force.
From The Emperor, Senators and Tribunes to centurions and legionnaires.......who wouldn't want to be part of all that?
I mean, just look at what the Romans did for modern civilisation!!

newham100
December 12th, 2008, 10:22
Ancient Rome - at least you know what you are in charge of; in space you could meet some pretty strange characters!

carolgreenwood
December 14th, 2008, 17:38
space for me, take on those godaweful aliens

newb_fo_life
December 17th, 2008, 14:21
I would prefer to conquer space because it is huge and I would rule every where mwhwahahahahahahah :)

jp_zer0
December 21st, 2008, 22:02
Future Space because the GDP is probably higher.

hacker94
December 21st, 2008, 22:45
future space cos ive already got iperivm romanvn and its awesome so ill wanna check future space out

Category
December 21st, 2008, 23:31
I'ld have to say space. The countless worlds to explore, the untold sights, the infinite possibilities for life stretching out all around you... The past has already been seen - space is more exciting!

RV2006
December 22nd, 2008, 09:01
I prefer future space cos I just love that futuristic technology!!

kaffie
December 22nd, 2008, 09:22
Romans. Change the past, impact the future.

Darksaviour69
December 22nd, 2008, 15:45
Contest Closed

Winners will be contacted soon