PDA

View Full Version : Bad Apple: You’re a Fool if You Believe the iPhone Ads

wraggster
December 3rd, 2008, 23:26
There has been a recent storm of lawsuits against Apple by dissatisfied iPhone 3G owners who say that the advertisements that claim the iPhone is "twice as fast for half the price" are misleading. Apple has responded to one such lawsuit with a 9 page legal statement that claims their ads are truthful, but one paragraph basically says in legal speak that anyone who fully believes their ads is a fool.

The response is to the lawsuit filed by William Gillis, a 70 year old San Diego resident, who says he was mislead by untruthful advertisements when he decided to purchase an iPhone. The legal speak in question that Apple responded with is as follows:

"Plaintiff's claims, and those of the purported class, are barred by the fact that the alleged deceptive statements were such that no reasonable person in Plaintiff's position could have reasonably relied on or misunderstood Apple's statements as claims of fact."

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/428611-bad-apple-you-re-fool-if-you-believe-iphone-ads.html

Finnegan Dallas
December 5th, 2008, 06:00
Am I the only one who finds the iPhone ads extremely annoying...?Everytime the iPhone ad comes on, it feels like I'm being teased with something I'll never have. Who else feels this way?