PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Dragon Quest IX Bound For Wii, As Well

wraggster
December 4th, 2008, 00:03
When Square-Enix announced Dragon Quest IX for DS, it came as quite a blow to stay-at-home console owners. If the newest rumor from EGM's Quartermann is right, DQ fans may still get a console version.

Yes, the Nintendo DS version is still coming in March of 2009, Iwada willing, but it may also be coming to the Wii. It may be coming to the little white console in the same fashion that Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes Of Time will — as a game playable on both platforms, with DS-caliber graphics intact. That's a money making plan that likely doesn't impact development costs like a fully fledged port would. And if we know Square-Enix, it likes to make money.

Plus, as 1UP points out, the Wi-fi enabled multiplayer would likely work just as well on both platforms.

http://kotaku.com/5101589/rumor-dragon-quest-ix-bound-for-wii-as-well

goshogun1
December 4th, 2008, 01:38
I am so doubtful that this will actually happen. Not even holding my breath on this..."rumor". Here's hoping english speakers at least get DQXI in 2009.

kevenz
December 4th, 2008, 02:22
I would probably buy a Wii version but I'm not interested in any portable stuff.

Dragon Quest 8 was pretty good, I enjoyed it alot.