PDA

View Full Version : Sega’s First WiiWare Game Coming This December

wraggster
December 4th, 2008, 00:59
Lots of small publishers championed WiiWare while big guns like Electronic Arts, Capcom and Sega strayed away from it. On December 16 Sega will take their first step onto WiiWare with Let’s Catch, a project done with Yuji Naka’s studio Prope. Let’s Catch is pretty much what it sounds like - a motion controlled game of catch. Players throw baseballs by swinging the remote forward just like the baseball game in Wii Sports. Also like Wii Sports you can use your Mii in the game.

Let’s Catch introduces a few modes like a speed catching challenge and unexpectedly a story to follow. When you have company over you can play Nine Trial which has players toss balls to shatter nine pieces of a 3×3 square or Bomber catch which is like hot potato with Miis. Also somehow aliens are part of Let’s Catch.

Right now I’m not convinced Let’s Catch is really going to be substantial enough for a 1,000 Point ($10) WiiWare game. It looks more like a diversion or filler until Let’s Tap comes out, but I’m generally curious to see what Yuji Naka has been working on now that he’s independent.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/12/03/segas-first-wiiware-game-coming-this-december/

geise69
December 5th, 2008, 13:35
I saw Let's Catch on the Prope web page. It looks quite fun! It's nice to see new games from Yuji Naka. Also the Let's Tap looks amazing. I seriously doubt it will ever make it's way state side though. I might have to imoprt Let's Tap! I also hope that Let's Catch shows up on WiiWare for the US and other countries as well.