PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to copy R4 & EDGE cards themselves?

aaarrrggh
December 5th, 2008, 13:04
Hi there,

I recently purchased an Edge card for a nintendo ds. I have not had the chance to use it yet as my sd card still hasn't arrived.

I was wondering though how this thing actually works. I mean, I'm guessing that the sd adapter must have some kind of program or something on it, surely? If that's not the case, then you'd be able to download a cheap sd adapter and just run the edge software direct from the sd card - there would be no point in purchasing the edge card itself.

So what I'm asking is - is it possible to copy the edge card itself, so that I can simply purchase a cheap adapter and sd card, and then have a perfect 'edge' copy made?

I hope someone here can help. Thanks :)

twinks79
December 5th, 2008, 20:50
please can anyone help me i have got an acekard2 from pcjerry i had trouble putting games on it so a friend got her hubby to do it and said all i had to do was put the downloaded games intocompressed files but how do i then open them on my sd card???? can anyone help me?????

ToJa92
December 6th, 2008, 23:48
So what I'm asking is - is it possible to copy the edge card itself, so that I can simply purchase a cheap adapter and sd card, and then have a perfect 'edge' copy made?

No, the card contains special hardware and software which circumvents (ah, what a nice word..) the protection of the DS so you can run backup games and homebrews. Please correct me if I'm wrong.