PDA

View Full Version : 'Friendship is Free' brings limited multiplayer to XBL Silver

wraggster
December 5th, 2008, 16:08
What's that, Xbox Silver members? Come again? Sorry, we Gold members had a hard time hearing you from the private Gold Member hydrofoil. Oh, you want a taste? A taste of the suite life? Well, ask and ye shall receive.

What's that? Oh! The sweet life! Sorry, the Bellini machine is making a terrible racket. Listen, we know you want a taste of Gold, and we think we might have something worked out for you, a little something we and Microsoft are calling "Friendship is Free." For the next month, you'll have free multiplayer access to A Kingdom for Keflings, Aegis Wing, Bomberman Live, Hardwood Hearts, Hardwood Spades, UNO, Small Arms and Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

We know, we know, we're being too generous. Our mothers tell us it's a fault in our character, but we like to think of it as just paying it forward.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/12/05/friendship-is-free-brings-limited-multiplayer-to-xbl-silver/

carlitx
December 5th, 2008, 18:42
and all the games listed suck....

WhizzBang
December 5th, 2008, 19:03
I have canceled my Gold and gone back to Silver recently. XBox Live is good but is very over priced. I am a fairly lightweight user of it (I probably played about 10 hours online in a year) but if you are a teenager who is on it every night it is probably good value.

The best online gaming I have had in 2008 though was on Mario Kart Wii which was very well implemented and I didn't have to pay a subscription.