PDA

View Full Version : Boys Hang Kitten With Game Controller, Sheriff Blames GTA

wraggster
December 6th, 2008, 19:37
Two Mesa, Arizona boys have admitted to local law enforcement that they strangled a four month old cat with a video game controller and stoned it to death. Who's to blame? Grand Theft Auto.

Yes, GTA even kills kittens. That's according to Maricopa County sheriff Joe Arpaio who, according to a local news report talked about the connection. “This game allows players to kill cops and rape women," Arpaio explained. "It’s little wonder why they perpetrated such violence against that little animal.”

The report states that the two boys, ages six and seven, strung up the kitten with what appears to be a PlayStation 2 controller after playing an unspecified entry in the Grand Theft Auto series. The boys will not be charged with animal cruelty due to their age. And I'm off to drink!

http://kotaku.com/5103011/boys-hang-kitten-with-game-controller-sheriff-blames-gta

stevo11185
December 6th, 2008, 19:55
poor kitteh :(

These boys should be be hung up :D Kittehs > Stupid little boys

osgeld
December 6th, 2008, 20:09
the cause of it was living out in the middle of the desert with nothing better to do

hey billybob, wanna killa kitten or turn gay ehhyap

personally they should have stoned them to near death, that might make an impression

Demonic_Cr0w
December 6th, 2008, 20:51
I think you should blame it on the boys not having a cordless controller... That seems more logical than blaming a blame that has nothing to do with any kitten killing

Mc_Logical
December 6th, 2008, 20:56
I don't recall raping women in gta? lol i hate assholes like this, it's like if a kid smashing a window with a football after playing a console, then sum1 blaming Fifa lol they done this to a kitten out of spite, nothing to do with gta

gumgod
December 6th, 2008, 21:02
GTA is not to blame for all acts of senseless violence by children.

goshogun1
December 6th, 2008, 21:07
Why does everything have to have an explanation/scapegoat? Some kids are just sick in the head. Even without TV or Videogames, they will do stuff like this. It's just in the nature of "some" children.

watupgroupie
December 6th, 2008, 22:26
I don't like cats and these kids were obviously bored so this doesn't bug me in the least. The part that bugs me is blaming it on a game... **** the pooolice.

devdj
December 6th, 2008, 23:22
this is really f**ked up before video games we had even sicker freaks like hitler,charles manson,stalin,sadam to name afew these were monsters compared to a few kids molesting a cat and hangin the shit out of it i'm sure a game controller is all they could have found to hang it with what do ya expect from a bunch hillbilly incesty ***s lol.

wolfpack
December 6th, 2008, 23:25
You cant rape the women...

You can have sex with hookers. But thats about it, and that isnt rape because you paid for it in the first place!

This has nothing to do with stoning/hanging kittens. They were bored. This is what bored boys do. Well, maybe not all bored boys. But blaming GTA for it is just a senseless act. Play it before you judge it.

Spanishpeacock
December 7th, 2008, 02:49
Sheriff Joe Arpaio should only blame GTA if the kids took a car ride and did a drive by on a police station.

I blame the parents. Parents shouldn't be buying M rated games for kids. The ESRB goes through all that rating crap to put a big M on a game's cover, and parents completely ignore it. Where the heck did those kids get the idea of stoning a cat to death from anyways? The Hills Have Eyes? Saw? What are those parents letting those kids watch? Set some parental controls and stop buying kids M rated games. I bet that Sheriff played Doom when he was younger, only difference is the fact that he holds a gun legally.

Veskgar
December 7th, 2008, 04:06
Yeah, what the hell were these kids doing with access to such a game? Its stupid people having babies and thinking its cool mold their kids into these types.

Their parents or legal guardians are to blame and are probably losers and moochers off society. Always looking for a copout and reason to evade all sorts of responsibility.

But this Sheriff is just as big a contributor to this sort of problem. An enabler of sorts. People need to snap out of it and come to grips with reality and call these losers out each and every single time they try to play the victim or place blame on others.

Poem58
December 7th, 2008, 04:22
Of course it's GTA's fault...kids today are told (on rare occasions their parents actually teach them anything) that they are not responsible for their actions...personal responsibility is gone now folks...
It has to be someone else's fault! After all, you see that cute little innocent boy there with the horns, pitchfork, and Uzi? He's so sweet and impressionable...he's not capable of understanding what is right or what is wrong...yet somehow he knows how to kill something....

can't be lack of/bad parenting or a rotten soulless kid...NO!

MUST be those darn video games.....

Mine son is 4 and he will know reality from fantasy as I did...cause like my parents before me..I will TEACH my kid the difference and what is wrong and right to do.......actually at 4 he already knows not to hurt an animal.....let alone kill one...

I used to watch Wyle E. Coyote fly off a cliff every Saturday morning....and guess what I never did! Why don't just show these kids more Looney Toons cartoons and let Darwinism solve the rest....

Denis Leary made the point by saying it this way "The kid who swallows too many marbles, doesn't grow up to have kids of his own!" (paraphrase)

GibsonSGKing
December 7th, 2008, 04:46
people who have never played gta blame everything on it. and then other people who havent played it believe them. wtf.

Dweezledap
December 7th, 2008, 05:34
My question is where the hell where their parents will this was going on. I have 8 children and at the ages of 6 and 7 they where never out of my sight for more than a few minutes.
I agree with others statements that this is strictly a lack of parental guidance. My 10 and 11 year old children do not play mature games. Even when they see their older siblings playing these games they know they are just fantasy. I have taught my babies that there are consequences to this kind of behavior in the real world.
This kind of s**t really p**ses me off. This is one of the many reasons a growing portion of this countries youth are turning into adult morons and lazy leeches.
Let's blame everything and everyone else for our problems. It is not our fault!?:mad:

darkriku2000
December 7th, 2008, 05:52
^ You've been busy ay?

In all honesty, I believe that parents should be able to hit their kids as a disciplinary action, if I did something wrong as a kid, first my parents would make sure I knew it was wrong, if I did something that I knew I shouldn't do or if I acted up, I would get the belt, just like the good ol' days, it sounds brutal, but thanks to it, I behave in school, unlike the spoiled kids who get suspended all the time

davidcrew
December 7th, 2008, 09:48
i lol'd at this.

That's why controllers are going wireless now, so this type of stuff doesn't happen!

Tsk tsk parents, gotta buy your kids a next gen. That way the kittens don't die. =]

Mc_Logical
December 7th, 2008, 11:04
i lol'd at this.

That's why controllers are going wireless now, so this type of stuff doesn't happen!

Tsk tsk parents, gotta buy your kids a next gen. That way the kittens don't die. =]

But they could of just bashed it over the head with a wireless lol ok not funny

CoderX
December 7th, 2008, 14:29
Has this cop even looked at this game. I hate how people make conclusions based solely on the word of others, cough " Jack Thompson".

I mean where in the game does the issue of rap even come up. I mean yes there are hookers but they aren't raped!

JushinLiger
December 7th, 2008, 14:46
'The young 'ins done played the cops n robins on their magic viewen screen and done hanged a kitty. Gearhuk!' - Sheriff Joe Arpaio

livnbob
December 7th, 2008, 15:35
Luckily, I think people in general are too smart to fall for this. One action being followed by another doesn't necessarily imply that the first caused the second. i.e. I ate spaghetti, then I watched a movie. That doesn't necessarily mean I watched a movie BECAUSE I ate spaghetti. People always want someone or something to blame, and at least on a subconscious level, we tend to recognize the need for a scapegoat in others. This incident will of course enrage people who already villify violent video games, but should otherwise have little impact. I have to wonder if the sheriff recognized his own words as bullsh*t even as he said them.

mike_jmg
December 7th, 2008, 16:40
Stupid parents leaving their children unsupervised and not taking care of them.

They were just calling for atention, but why kill a poor kitten in the process. I bet their parents wont care anymore in about two months, and the kids will pull off another shit like this

icecoolwas
December 7th, 2008, 19:27
Meh I don't blame them, I shot a cat when I was 8.

Man
December 8th, 2008, 02:46
Meh I don't blame them, I shot a cat when I was 8.

and how old are you now, 9 ?

Spanishpeacock
December 8th, 2008, 06:24
and how old are you now, 9 ?

I wonder if the good sheriff would have blamed a hunting game lying around? Deer Hunter anyone? That game has you use deer calls to lure them in and shoot a crossbow bolt through their head.

You can kill little furry animals. Quick everyone, while everybody is focused on GTA, let's kill a bunch of deer/rabbits/bears and blame Ultimate Deer Hunter, see what the police say about that one.

Better yet, pay your neighbor's kid to do it.

JushinLiger
December 8th, 2008, 08:06
Well the only reason there is cock fights is because a few people got a bit too into Pokemon.

lipnox88
December 8th, 2008, 23:36
those kids have some messed up parents if the kids were playing gta at that age

Man
December 9th, 2008, 15:52
Well the only reason there is cock fights is because a few people got a bit too into Pokemon.

Lol i hope your being sarcastic. Gta will always be a scapegoat for the unexplainable.

gutbub
December 10th, 2008, 01:18
A few things.
1) Parents fault, not the game's.
2) This was in Maricopa county, which is where Phoenix is, so I assume this happened there. It has over four million people, and trust me, they're snobs and assholes, but not hillbillies.
3)I did some pretty messed shit when I was a kid too. I always got my ass whooped afterwards. Over the years, you learn your lesson and stop doing stupid shit.

cawley1
January 17th, 2009, 22:07
****ing Little ****s!

If any of my three young boys did something like this when they get a bit older, I would kick their ass around the garden...