PDA

View Full Version : OpenBoR PlayStation 2 port up for testing!

Christuserloeser
December 7th, 2008, 04:28
SX posted a beta build of OpenBoR for PS2 at LavaLit.com:

Does anyone want to try out a build I've finally been able to compile. Its the same version as Pixel's Port 0.1b but I have managed to get it to compile using the latest SDK. Feedback required. Lets see if it runs since I don't have a PS2 to test with...... Just replace your working elf with this one.

Only existing users of Pixel's PS2 BOR Port are required to give me feedback since I don't know what the file layout is for Pixel's Port.

Here is a quote from Pixel's How-To from psx-scene.com on how to use Pixel's port. See if this helps:

The software will look for the file "bor.pak" on the same location it was booted. For example, if you use ps2link to boot it from host:, it will try to load the bor.pak file at host:bor.pak. It doesn't reset the IOP, so, it should be able to get benefits from any previously loaded irx, and thus, it should maybe load magically from hdd. No idea though...

Now, you can force the boot location by renaming the binary. If it starts with "cd" (like "cd_bor.elf") it will try to load the file cdrom0:\bor.pak, if it starts with "dvd", it will try to load the file cdrom0:\bor.pak, in DVD mode, if it starts with "host", it will try to load the file host:bor.pak, and finally, if it starts with "mc"... duh... forget about it

The options should be automatically saved on the memory card. Beware, it doesn't tell when it does... but just don't remove the memory card, the joypads, or switch off the console when it does, that is, when you exit the settings menu, or when you finish off the game.

To download, register at LavaLit and check the attachment in this post:

http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php?topic=2186.0