PDA

View Full Version : Ys The Arc of Napishtim Review

wraggster
January 20th, 2006, 07:41
Game Collector has posted a review of the newly released game Ys The Arc of Napishtim, heres more info on the game:

http://image.lik-sang.com/images//large/psp-ys-jap2.jpg

In the latest game in the series that originated in 1987, players assume the role of Adol Christian and embark on a rich adventure set on a deserted island. This time Nihon Falcom changed for a 3D action-RPG featuring stunning magical skills and a rebuilt gameplay.

Buy at Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=8493&lsaid=219793)

Heres an excerpt from the review:

I got this game nice and early this morning and I played through up to the first boss. First of all I have to say that what I read about there being no voice was correct Come on Konami, how hard would it have been to keep the voices intact!?! Pretty sad when games like Tales of Eternia, GTA and Comic Party Portable exist with their full voice. Anyway, I guess it doesn't bother me TOO much as I have not played the PS2 version and I have only played this on the PC up till now. Another silly thing Konami did was keep the save points, a very bad thing to have in a portable game.

The graphics are great, they look just like the PC version and there has been no slowdown or anything so far and the music is identical. There is no cheat mode in the menu and the only difficulty available at the begining is Normal.

Check out the rest of the review here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=17409

cloudd
January 20th, 2006, 09:12
NO VOICES WTF Konami!!!

no voice is good...think about zelda series, the real meaningful thing is, there's an english version of this game?

Xan
January 20th, 2006, 13:46
no voice is good...think about zelda series, the real meaningful thing is, there's an english version of this game?
http://www.futuregamez.net/pspgames/ysarcofn/ysarcofn.html

Sadly the European version of this potential hit RPG has been pushed back until early 2006 - with February a likely date.
If there will be EU version most probably there will be NA version.
I`m geting it the day it comes out.

Voltron
January 20th, 2006, 15:58
The fact that they can squeeze so much content including voice on a UMD game such as GTA: Liberty City Stories, it does dissapoint that voice was removed from this game for the PSP. However, the PSP is starved for quality UMD games so I and others will surely still want to get their hands on this promising game.

Game Collector
January 21st, 2006, 01:53
[url]

If there will be EU version most probably there will be NA version.
I`m geting it the day it comes out.

The US release date is currently set for 1 March so you wont have too long to wait :D

geise69
January 21st, 2006, 04:58
The PC version didn't have Voice Acting. The ps2 version did but it was either crappy english voice acting or japanese voice acting that you were already reading by the text. So to me since it's exactly like the PC version is way way more than enough for me to warrant a purchase of this magnificent game. Trust me people you are losing nothing by buying this game. The thing about the save points does kinda suck. There are plenty but you aren't near one all the time. It kinda would've been nice to be able to save whenever where ever like the early Ys games. People if you've been itching for an amazing rpg for psp this really is it hands down. Blows the ps2 version away IMO.

Game Collector
January 21st, 2006, 10:43
I agree completly, the only reason I was dissapointed about the voice acting is because I have only played the PC version up to now and I wanted to hear it (I will be adding the JP PS2 release to my collection now). At least I get to practise my Japanese reading though :D By the way, I must say the graphics are EXACTLY like the PC version, you can even see the joins in the floors and stuff like all Falcom's PC games using the Ys VI engine, I think Konami could easily port Eiyuu Densetsu VI and Oath in Felghana to the PSP. Still no slow down or anything up to the 2nd boss but it does get ever so slightly framey now and again in the bigger areas with lots of enemies and the load times seem to be getting worse as the game goes on o.O