PDA

View Full Version : PSP still a "vibrant platform" - Harrison

wraggster
December 8th, 2008, 22:17
Atari didn't make a single PSP game announcement at its global showcase last week, but president Phil Harrison has dismissed concerns over support for the handheld, praising Sony's device as a "vibrant platform" and promising more titles for the future.

"We have published on PSP and I'm sure we will continue to publish on PSP; we didn't have any announcements to make today," the Atari president told Eurogamer at the London event.

In contrast, Atari showed two platform-exclusives for Nintendo's wildly successful DS during the presentation, Dragon Ball: Origins and quirky love-'em-up The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity.

However, Harrison, a key figure behind the launch of PSP in his previous role, insisted that Atari was planning more games for Sony's portable - with a fresh focus on downloadable offerings.

"There is no doubt that PSP is a very vibrant platform from a hardware perspective and I think Sony has recently made some good moves into opening up online distribution for software on PSP, so I'm looking to explore that."

Now he doesn't have to hate everything that isn't made by Sony, Big Phil also revealed that he's a big fan of iPhone. He called Apple's device a "game changer" and described the popularity of the App Store as "a phenomenon that I think is going to change the way that certain kinds of devices consume content forever". Blimey.

So far Atari has released retro titles Missile Command and Super Breakout for iPhone and iPod Touch. "We've got more to come, but standby for some more announcements," he added.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=325974

pdogg
December 9th, 2008, 08:17
vibrant ? yah ... thanks to Homebrew. The PSP would be NOTHING without it.

Art
December 9th, 2008, 09:02
Yep, pass the crack pipe please :)

jamotto
December 9th, 2008, 12:12
Yea, I agree the hardware is very vibrant, now if only the software was equally so.

dangee
December 9th, 2008, 13:04
Yea, I agree the hardware is very vibrant, now if only the software was equally so.

I'd be very surprised if there ain't some way to
run Missile Command and Super Breakout on a PSP using a Custom f/ware + Emu

John Vattic
December 11th, 2008, 00:20
Not to criticize, but psp should have focused on the "portable console"aspect rather than trying to compete with the ds. They are apples and oranges.

I bought psp for games like metal gear and resident evil. Not for "pet the dog" games.

People who buy nintendo ds want kiddie stuff.

carlitx
December 11th, 2008, 02:46
Not to criticize, but psp should have focused on the "portable console"aspect rather than trying to compete with the ds. They are apples and oranges.

I bought psp for games like metal gear and resident evil. Not for "pet the dog" games.

People who buy nintendo ds want kiddie stuff.

I own both, DS is more fun and I even like the homebrew better, emulators aside. PSP hardware and official software suck. Dust gets under the screen, the screen scratches to easily (yes i used protectors as well) along whit the thing giving out after a year(i kept mine in cases and took very good care and the power button went on both of my PSP's and battery casings started falling out along with UMD door springs making the door pop out at a touch). And the games just suck. with the exception of a few PSP games. Saying DS is kiddie is also rubbish. Look at Locoroco and other useless kiddie garbage out there, besides the fact even the more adult games look like and play like crap.I would rather play a good Mario game that looks well done, than a slapped together game with poor game play that just looks and sounds flashy. I have a N-card for my DS and now and if i were to get a DSI with working card for it it would by pass any PSP on the market. Do your homework.

EDIT: Along with the fact the UMD's also fall apart becoming useless even left inside the cases. I had to super glue the few had back together.

John Vattic
December 11th, 2008, 17:51
[QUOTE=carlitx;2148165875] Do your homework.QUOTE]

Sorry you got so p/o. You must be a nintendo fanboy. oh and you have a ds flash card so you don't even pay for games.

I'd be damned if I didn't get flamed by a pirate these days.:rolleyes:

carlitx
December 11th, 2008, 23:55
[QUOTE=carlitx;2148165875] Do your homework.QUOTE]

Sorry you got so p/o. You must be a nintendo fanboy. oh and you have a ds flash card so you don't even pay for games.

I'd be damned if I didn't get flamed by a pirate these days.:rolleyes:

oh and you must have a moded psp therefore you must pirate games as well douche bag. I was not pissed off but rather annoyed. I like to think I am a gaming fanboy, i love all game platforms for i play all of them. Besides even if i were to download a game woop de ****ing do -_- I said i am a big homebrew user anyways learn to read yah wad. I'm not going to bother arguing with you for arguing on the net is like the special Olympics, even if you win. You are still retarded. All i did was make an informed opinion. SO please, please, please for the love of god, the next time you think of trying to be smart with people. Go get sodomized by a giraffe.