PDA

View Full Version : iSee, Therefore iRecord

wraggster
January 20th, 2006, 21:15
Ever since the video iPod came out I’ve been itching to find a way to record to it directly. Tapeless camcorders still cost $600 and up, after all, so I may as well use what I’ve already got in hand. Well, the iSee 360i from Advanced Technology Office may be the solution. It looks like a PMP, but there is a spot in the back where you can dock a fourth gen iPod so that it’s flush with the device. The iSee is only about 6 x 3.2 x 1.1 inches, weighs 6 ounces, and has a bigger 3.6-inch LCD screen to use for viewing clips. But here’s where it gets interesting, you can plug any analog source in the back and record video files through the iSee. As with other PMPs, you can then watch your movies on the iSee screen or play them back at 640x480 on any TV. So basically what you’re doing is using the iPod for disk storage of the digital video captured by this doohickey. iPod mini users, you can play, too, but you’ll need to pony up for an adapter, as will nano users and fifth-generation iPod users. Priced at $249, the company says the iSee 360i will be shipping in the first quarter of this year.
http://www.newlaunches.com/archives/isee_video_recorder_for_ipod.php

borgamix
January 21st, 2006, 12:13
i didnt understand 1 thing if that is sort of a video camera and if i can play the videos "recorded" with that in the ipod 5 gen