PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a new DDE (r5 i guess)

dcdood
December 9th, 2008, 18:29
Here is what we should Include:

Ports for Linux And Mac
Linux and Mac ports of apps like "BootDreams"
Run The Examples on DC!

quzar
December 9th, 2008, 19:22
What do you mean by #3?

Category
January 28th, 2009, 14:21
Yeah, what do you mean by #3? Isn't dcload already part of the DDE?

As for Linux ports, KOS seems to be easy enough to set up on liunx as it is.

Linux/Mac ports of Bootdreams would be AWESOME though. Making selfbooting discs by the command line annoys me!

StryfeDc
January 28th, 2009, 18:07
What about adding to the capabilities out of he box, so to speak?

Like adding the ScummVM compile requirements if not already present:

* gcc-3.4.2 configured as a cross-compiler for `sh-elf'
* binutils-2.18 configured likewise
* newlib for sh-elf
* libronin-0.5
* libmad

Being that it's DC related anyway...

quzar
January 28th, 2009, 20:23
The gcc version included is 3.4.6 (the latest), so I'm not sure why you'd want 3.4.2. It's already setup as a cross compiler ready to go.

Libmad I also agree with. libronin and the rest... well, that's a whole different can of worms. First off, all that stuff is really outdated. Second, there is almost nobody who still uses it. Third, it might require a whole seperate branch of things which would just be messy and unfeasible.

dcdood
February 12th, 2009, 00:31
by #3 i meant like Running The Demo's Through the CD w/o DCLoad... A: because so many good demos are on there and B: I'm a cheap man with no bba or coders cable :*(

Category
February 12th, 2009, 17:33
Well, if you use DC-Hakker you should be able to run the demos off the cd anyway!

quzar
February 12th, 2009, 21:50
No, because they don't come pre-compiled (or at least probably not) and they're inside the big 'ol 7z. The thing is though, all the demos there are designed to be run by a devver and are generally uninteresting. Many don't even have video output.

It's not useful for the target audience (developers) to be able to execute pre-compiled demos from the CD.

SiZiOUS
February 17th, 2009, 22:27
The gcc version included is 3.4.6 (the latest)
There is a 4.0.2 version or i'm wrong ??

quzar
February 18th, 2009, 02:19
There is a 4.0.2 version or i'm wrong ??

Not in DDE. GPF released a copy of his semi-working 4.0.0 toolchain and modified KOS in ... 05? But it was never officially supported, and C++ support wasn't entirely functional.