PDA

View Full Version : Home beta and psn troubles.

shadowprophet
December 9th, 2008, 20:47
You know I had a long ass post about all this, But when it comes right down to it. i'll just say how I feel about the issue.

you know exactly who you are. I know exactly who you are a long call to cony confirmed it!!. enjoy your ****ing stolen street fighter 2 hd and penny arcade adventures
you worthless ****....

DPyro
December 9th, 2008, 20:55
You mean he changed your password, or just downloaded your games? If it's the latter, you know you should have your own PS3 activated in order to access your games. Up to 5 people can 'share' any PSN content you have...

shadowprophet
December 9th, 2008, 20:56
You mean he changed your password, or just downloaded your games? If it's the latter, you know you should have your own PS3 activated in order to access your games. Up to 5 people can 'share' any PSN content you have...

no see., once someone else logs into the same account on another ps3. both accounts become shared. which means if say you logged into my account and then downloaded one of my bought dlc games, it becomes yours. :( or there is only a certain number of times that can be done. i'm not sure really. all i know is sony kind of tiped me off on the psn id of the guy who caused me these problems :P

it's all solved now of course. mostly im just hurt and pissed that this person did this to me :(

DPyro
December 9th, 2008, 20:59
no see., once someone else logs into the same account on another ps3. both accounts become shared. which means if say you logged into my account and then downloaded one of my bought dlc games, it becomes yours. :(

Um no, that's not how it works. Up to 5 people can have the same games on their PS3 from one account. I have a PSN share account that me and four others pay money into and buy games for 1/5th the cost.

shadowprophet
December 9th, 2008, 21:03
Um no, that's not how it works. Up to 5 people can have the same games on their PS3 from one account. I have a PSN share account that me and four others pay money into and buy games for 1/5th the cost.

Well however it works bro, all my shit stopped working and it was because someone downloaded my stuff and activated it under their accounts.

I mean thats pretty much how sony told it to me :(

he gave me a psn id of the only other ps3 thats downloaded my stuff through psn store. it was only one guy that did this and my things stopped working. :(

fg-54
December 9th, 2008, 21:03
ouch, that must have sucked, at least you got your stuff back...........do Sony people speak English? or are they also foreigners? i like it better when people from xbox costumer support are native to English, which they only are about half the time.

DPyro
December 9th, 2008, 21:04
Well however it works bro, all my shit stopped working and it was because someone downloaded my stuff and activated it under their accounts.

I mean thats pretty much how sony told it to me :(

You must not have the account activated on your PS3, therefor you got 'locked out'. Check your profile options, there is settings in there to activate the account. One for Games, and one for Video.

shadowprophet
December 9th, 2008, 21:35
You must not have the account activated on your PS3, therefor you got 'locked out'. Check your profile options, there is settings in there to activate the account. One for Games, and one for Video.

no man it wasn't that my ps3 wasn't activated, when i went to launch a game it would actually say, this content can only be active on a limited number of ps3 consoles,
Then it would tell me to activate my ps3. which i did like ten times and then rebooted and activated games and video again a few times. it wouldn't allow me access to my content.

I then called sony, who did indeed confirm a problem and told me someone had logged into my account with another ps3,

That was expected, the guy on the phone then told me this someone under another ps3 model number had logged into psn under my account and download my ps store content, then activated it by installing the games that where licesned to my ps3 model number on theirs, efectivly making that their content.

This is how it was explained to me and apparently how it seems to be.

either way, sony did something to my account that rebooted all my content privileges back to me.

either way the point is. I have never shared any of my downloaded psn games" just home." The other games where taken without consent.

But w/e it's all fixed now, my lesson is learned, all is right in the universe,
this topic is pointless anyway., tis my fault for giving my pass and login info out anyway.

Thats the point. people should truly never give out that info. really ever, twas a hard learned lesson for me..

DPyro
December 9th, 2008, 21:51
Makes no sence to me, seeing how my PSN group share works fine.

Triv1um
December 10th, 2008, 01:03
Woah woah woah, I'm going to be a man and put my hands up to this one.

Shades obviously knows it was me, and everyone else might aswell know.

I've shared the games I have got a few times, and i've never had a problem. So I didn't think it would cause much of a problem if I did.

Yes, I most shouldn't of done really but I would let you know that my intentions weren't bad, if they were I would of brought asmuch stuff as I possibly could with the credit card info stored on your account, so I wasn't there to steal as such.

I didn't know it would cause any harm to you at all, because like I said, i've shared my few games with people before. I thought you wouldn't know any different, therefore it being harmless.

I would appreciate if you done all of your ranting over PM to me though, it was a genuine unfortunate mistake.

I'm sorry bro, maybe you getting in on my few PSN games (not alot in all fareness) will cure the pain i've cause?

ICE
December 10th, 2008, 01:08
I was sitting here thinking crap he better not think it was me.. lol

Darksaviour69
December 10th, 2008, 01:09
http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/1974_eating_popcorn.gif

ninja9393
December 10th, 2008, 03:28
*Backs away slowly*

shadowprophet
December 10th, 2008, 05:33
it means a lot to me that you came forward triv. it takes a hell of a man to admit such a thing,

as it sets all is sorted out and forgiven man.

I don't know why it did what it did either, but anyone would really be upset if they couldn't play their games. but anyhoo

i've never been a grudge holder and all is fine bro,.Everything is fixed I can play my dlc again and there is nothing to have any hard feelings about. i'm still left impressed that you admited to it and all..

Thats pretty cool of you:cool:

Triv1um
December 10th, 2008, 14:03
Yeah, its my bad bro.

I didn't expect anything bad to come out of it, otherwise I wouldn't of even thought about doing it.

What did Sony say exactly then? Did they even give you my PSN ID etc.?

shadowprophet
December 10th, 2008, 14:44
Yeah, its my bad bro.

I didn't expect anything bad to come out of it, otherwise I wouldn't of even thought about doing it.

What did Sony say exactly then? Did they even give you my PSN ID etc.?
I had no idea who it was, account information is private and sony wouldn't tell me,

but i knew if i acted like i knew,

but until you said as much, i had no idea who it was

;)

and no, nothing bad will come of this, sony are smart people, they know their security, and that the only way you could have had them was if i gave them to you, and ultimately thats what happened.

but they are smart, they wont punish me or you on this matter.

two active psn accounts, both frequently buy dlc, trust me they don't want to lose the potential future income ;)

Triv1um
December 10th, 2008, 14:50
Ahhh, I see. Haha.

If you asked me, I would of told you there and then.

Like i've said enough times, I didnt think it would cause a problem, and i'm sorry it did.

Sorry bro. I hope this can be put behind us.

shadowprophet
December 10th, 2008, 15:04
Ahhh, I see. Haha.

If you asked me, I would of told you there and then.

Like i've said enough times, I didnt think it would cause a problem, and i'm sorry it did.

Sorry bro. I hope this can be put behind us.
as i've said i don't do grudges, it takes to much time and energy away from my pot smoking *nods

DarthPaul
December 12th, 2008, 13:40
Thats the point. people should truly never give out that info. really ever, twas a hard learned lesson for me..

I gave you my information!!! :mad:

Lol, but I trust you. I know who to trust.
Sharing stuff is great, if you know who to share with.

I'm glad everything was sorted out!

Darksaviour69
December 12th, 2008, 19:23
can someone send me their bank account number and sort code.... its for research.... honest

DarthPaul
December 13th, 2008, 12:11
can someone send me their bank account number and sort code.... its for research.... honest

Sure.

Check your PMs.

May I ask, what kind of research?