PDA

View Full Version : The Homebrew Channel, version 1.0.

wraggster
December 9th, 2008, 21:04
News/release from Marcan (http://hackmii.com/2008/12/the-homebrew-channel-now-with-less-beta/)

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you The Homebrew Channel, version 1.0.

Okay, so it’s really just another name for beta10. Getting into double-digit betas sounds kind of lame, and we don’t want to sound too much like google, so we’re calling it 1.0. After all, many bugfixes have come and this thing is pretty stable and feature-complete by now.

Want it? Here it is.

As I promised, we’ve listened to your requests for beta10. I didn’t promise we’d actually do anything about them, but at least we’ve taken care of some of them. Most easy additions have been added, and several bugs have been fixed. Although this release may not have USB support or themeing (boo!), things like Classic Controller and multiple-wiimote support should make your HBC experience just a bit nicer. Or at least I hope so, because I don’t think we’re going to be ready for another release for a while, and there’s other stuff to do (25C3, anyone?).

The Almighty Changelog:

meta.xml now handles all ISO-8859-1 characters properly (you can use either UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1 encoding, but UTF-8 is restricted to the ISO subset)
Wiimote power button support (shutdown)
Wiimote rumble honors system setting
Fixed some crash bugs
Fix meta.xml UNIX style newline regression
All wiimotes work now, not just the first one (only one can point at a time though)
Classic Controller support
Nunchuk support (scroll only, using the stick)
Guitar Hero 3 guitar support
Left and right change pages too
Hit 1 on Wiimote to retry the network connection (like clicking on the network icon or Z on the GC pad)
Added information to the installer
Fixed some networking issues with networking disabled (and possibly other bugs)
Pushed in some text to avoid overscan crop
Widened video width to match system menu (”black bars” fix)
B returns from app screen (unless scrolling with B-hold)
Try to initialize network earlier (slight speedup)
Retry network initialization a few times
Fix a networking issue (libogc problem)
Reload stub now identifies itself (magic number, for future use)
Support broken HTTP proxies in update check
Show IOS revision in main menu
() -> * (Hint: old-school Wiimote support needed what? Try it both ways.)
Enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

____anders____
December 9th, 2008, 21:22
i'm gonna get it now ^^
there are some bugs with this one, according to some posters at hackmii, but they're trying to fix those (if they haven't already).
that would get us to HBC 1.0.1 :D

wisinx
December 10th, 2008, 20:17
ThankZ.. For the big app/saver/exchange/improvement/ for the Wii.

Baboon
December 10th, 2008, 20:56
HBC 1.01 is out now. :)

kingslime80
December 11th, 2008, 05:21
:( No more turning off the Wiimote to save batteries? That sucks. I play with the CG controller for my emulators, it's more of an Old School feel. Besides, I don't seem to have any luck when it comes to Rechargeable Batteries, either they don't last or the don't recharge right.

h2923j42n2
December 11th, 2008, 10:11
Yeah, I agree. I usually just take the batteries out whenever I start the Homebrew Channel, unless I need the Wii Remote.