PDA

View Full Version : Wagic 0.3.1 Released

wraggster
December 9th, 2008, 23:17
News/release from wololo (http://wololo.net/wagic/2008/12/09/merry-christmas-wagic-031-released/)

http://www.youtube.com/v/8DThQN1qYCU

First of all, many thanks to Abrasax and J for their help, this new release wouldn’t be so full of new stuff without them. And thanks of course to the beta testers. Strangely enough, except a few card bugs here and there, most of the reports we got were “feature” requests (well, to some extent, some of them can be considered as bugs too…), so my guess is that this release should be quite stable.

So what do we have for you here ? Well, first of all, you’ll probably notice that the big jpegs are not in this release, only thumbnails. The game still handles the big pictures, of course, but you’ll have to find them yourself. The main reason for that is bandwidth, as this decision will allow us to put far more cards in the future, for a smaller zip file. It also allows us to put music and sfx in the package for a smaller total size. Oh yes, music is finally here, and a few sounds as well, so that Wagic looks (sounds ?) more like an actual video game now (the soundtrack is by Celestial Aeon Project). Overall, lots of new customizable contents have been added, and the card parser has been improved, which means more cards for you and less code for me.

Oh, I almost forgot, around 250 new cards (Wagic now officially supports around 700 cards, not counting the hundreds more available on the forum), new icons and a new logo.

Changelog
General
Added 240 new cards, including the ones from the Ice Age Mod by Abrasax, and cards from Shadowmoor
(PSP) Mp3 Playback fixed. (note : Mp3s can’t have an ID3V2 tag)
Added SFX (check the Res/sound/sfx/README.txt file for customization)
Shop Memory leak fixed. Going repeatedly to the shop should not crash the game anymore
The deck editor now has 3 scrolling speeds. You can switch by using the “select” button
(internal) Input system updated
(Windows) it is now possible to resize the window and play fullscreen
Added an avatar directory for the AI. Check Res/ai/baka/avatars/README.txt for customization !
The cards file parser has been upgraded, you can now add more cards by yourself
new keywords : lord , life ,foreach,bury all, destroy all, @, draw,…
target mechanism updated (attacker, blocker, colors, tapped, abilities…)
more info here
The AI should play Wrath of God and other such cards more “wisely”
You can now choose your opponent based on its deck name when you play against the AI. Difficulty is computed based on your victories against the AI with a specific deck.
(sources/internal): you can now play the game on Linux (if you compile it from the sources) (thanks J !)
New mana icons, new logo
Fixed a graveyard bug that made the game crash
A few ingame speed improvements
Cards - Bugs where fixed for the following cards:
Lava Axe
Control magic
Circle of protection (all)
Zombie Master
Spark elemental
Righteousness
Ascendant Evincar
Nightmare (10E)
Terror
Wrath of god
Some fixes for various Ice Age cards
Known Bugs
Brass Man and Paralyze tend to crash the game. Please don’t use them
Hybrid mana cost is not shown in the “text” version of the card pictures
Volume control does not work. Sound/Music is either on or off.

Download Here (16mb) --> http://wololo.net/wagic/download/

Psyberjock
December 12th, 2008, 02:43
This game is awesome! I like it even better than Jelly Car, and Jelly Car had JUST become my favorite game on the PSP!

I don't know what has changed recently, but the quality of PSP homebrew games has just quadrupled. I haven't seen quality like this since PSMonkey!