PDA

View Full Version : MbShell WIP Update

wraggster
January 21st, 2006, 01:30
Blue2k the coder behind the MBshell for the PSP has posted this update:

<blockquote>Ok, major update.

I've finished creating my first version of an extension (or plugin) system. At the moment it can load an extension and display it on the screen within a window. So what is an extension? An extension is just a normal module (prx) as any module but this module can be dynamically loaded at runtime by the shell, and multiple can be loaded at once! This means that you can create whatever extension or plugin you want for MbShell as long as you conform to a simple API:

Once the module is loaded and started by the shell the module is required to:
1. register itself with the shell by calling a function and providing:
- If it needs a window
- If so, what is the name of the window
- Should the window support transparency
- the width of the window
- the height of the window
- Pointer to a screen update function
- Pointer to a controller handler function
- pointer to a destroy handler function
2. Implement the screen update function returning a pointer to the current buffer it wants on screen
3. Implement the controller handler to handle controller input
4. Implement the destroy handler function to clean up stuff when the extension is closed

I will provide an example with sourcecode that will implement these things and provide a simple graphics library with sourcecode so you can get started somewhat faster.

I'll have to finish the whole thing, but anyone already intrested in taking a look at the extension support can contact me using PM. Be sure to have at least some understanding of C and psp development as I have no time to explain basic things at the moment. Set up the dev environment first

Just for viewing pleasures, a screenshot of the latest build:</blockquote>

Screenshot via comments :)

Skye
January 21st, 2006, 15:10
Looks impressive, nothing like multi-tasking on a psp. :D

ziu
January 21st, 2006, 18:29
very awsome, looks great your shell, i love it, better than any other shell like psp oss or something else, this will be the best "os" for your portable console!!!!!!!!
cant wait for the file browser. :D

pepegomez
January 21st, 2006, 19:31
is this a lua program?
i ask cuz i think lua applications are too risky

Skye
January 21st, 2006, 21:24
No, it's coded in C.