PDA

View Full Version : New Sega Handheld Coming Soon ?

wraggster
January 21st, 2006, 12:23
Ok got a press release sent to me about a new Handheld to play Sega games (Genesis i presume). The handheld is licensed by Sega and it will have cartridges or tv games with 10 or 20 games that will plug into the handheld, it does sound a bit vague at the moment but for those interested check out our Dreamcast Site (http://www.dcemu.co.uk) for the full info.

More to come on this subject.

benn
January 21st, 2006, 13:16
remember the Nomad system - was only released on NA, i think. that was a 'handheld' genesis. i think it drank 8xAA an hour or something silly like that and was only about half size of the gen unit (about 2x atari lynx) so not really that handheld but it worked well.

StealthCP
January 21st, 2006, 13:36
hmm... not much point now that there is PSPGenesis. :D

Sounds good though, and it may have multiplayer support eg two seperate consoles as it is hard to keep the two in sync if you were emulating both consoles for two player support. They will probably do conversions of the Genesis games like the Sonics and all the other class games, if it was under £50 I might buy it, never went without my MegaDrive for a day in my younger years.

shadowprophet
January 21st, 2006, 15:05
This is exactly what I was hopeing for:cool:

*Does his happy shadow dance:p

Is this the first step tword recovery that sega needs before they step back into the ring:cool:

I sure hope so:) cause even tho sega is still here.
I miss them as a contender.
For those of you that think a comeback isnt possible.
Remember atari and the jag?
Comback's are possible.
To be honet i dont expect there first comeback attempt to be golden
But they have my backking 100 %

Come back sega we need somone old school so show everyone else how its done!! Come on just one last time, Where ready for ya!!!!!!!!!!

benn
January 21st, 2006, 16:31
hahahahahahahahaha you are a joker. that has the lamest example of a point i have ever read:

"For those of you that think a comeback isnt possible.
Remember atari and the jag?"

what?! you mean the machine that released about 9 games - all of which were pretty dogshite and then died. i think there was a tempest game... what else? i dont think it even made a whimper before dying. who apart from you actually owned a Jag? i have owned every video game system ever made - except the Jag and 3DO.
dude, if you hope SEGA make a comback like Atari then surely you are wishing them pain... SEGA had there chances and they blew it! now they are counting the costs. i wish they would come back. i love each and every one of my SEGA machines. i still even have a raft of VMU's, an old master system, 2 Megadrives, 1 nomad, 32X, SegaCD etc... but lets face it... they didn't learn from the Saturn, and they didn't learn from the DC, will they ever learn? the more important questions is "can they afford to fail again?". the answer is no. and they will not take that chance until they have built up a big bank balance from gaming, changed president and invested heavily in R&D (e.g. nowhere near the future).
currently i think they are also suffering from Nintendo-syndrome... where they start pushing the same tired shite out. they are just relying on all these old licenses to make them money. they need some new formulas and fast.

shadowprophet
January 21st, 2006, 17:29
The atari jaguar was only an example of a company that had all but vanished and made a comeback. (i did not repeat DID NOT compare the two).
Seconed of all.
Sega could not possibly mess up as badly as arati, lets face it all props to arati and all. But sega just has more eperience in the feild of develpoment.

Thirdly` come on if sega did release a new console. it would be a golden child.
Its guarenteed to do well just based solely on supply and demand principals.
I mean lets face it, if sega threw a turd of a console at us . It would be treated by fans and critics at this point. As the return of the glory days of sega. sure it wouldnt last, but at first, It is promised a better chance at success then serious attempts by unkonwn developers. its sad but true :(

Im an old school fan. I want to see a sega console a- F~in~Gain. And it would have my backing 150% if they every bring out another console.

And thirdly. The jag wasnt all that terrible of a console really. they just didnt have any support. I still have a jag. mostly I reguard it on the same level as my tg 16. just a very rare almost exotic console from past days somthing for the collector to hold on too:p

slik da relic
January 21st, 2006, 17:31
the Jag is HARDLY a comeback system. Sega would hafta spend hundreds of millions just to convince people to even look now, and im a DIEHARD Sega fan.

da relic

benn
January 21st, 2006, 18:40
you are so blind to believe sega could sell us any old shit. i am a true hardcore sega fan but i wouldnt buy any old crap from them. in fact, to be honest, it would take a lot to make me buy a sega console again as i do not believe they have what it takes - from management down. the best decision they took was to pull out of hardware dev as their last 2 consoles proved they had become complacent and relied on people like you and me to buy their consoles without actually havign a sound gameplan. e.g. spend entire years marketing budget sponsoring soccer team in UK when there wasnt even a soccer game available on dreamcast?!?! spend even more ad money pushing the 'global' playing community then not release an internet compatible game for about 9months after launch, etc, etc.... they just disappeared so far up their own ass that they forgot the basics :( i wish it wasnt true but it is.
it is their fault i still dislike my PS2... i blame it indirectly for death of DC - which was a cool machine.

Voltron
January 21st, 2006, 18:53
No thanks, with great EMU's such as PSPGenesis and Dgen I'm counting on my PSP to be deliver all the classic gaming goodness and surpass commercial alternatives such as N-Gage, Nomad, etc. The PSP just kicks A$$

shadowprophet
January 21st, 2006, 19:08
There are a lot of reasons, the dc didnt make it.
But one reason that should never be said that it wasnt quality.
The dc was a quality machine.
It made quality games , And was priced nicely too.
I know there is more to it then just konami.
But I hold konami personal responcible for the death of the dreamcast.
Back in the day, There was a castlevania planed for the dreamcat.
That game was finshed in its entirety.
And then the project was droped.
I know lots of people where looking forward to it. And as we could see from future castlevanias after all of this, it wouldnt have been the sotn~esq game people would have been hopeing for.
However, I know its bad business, to place the reason to own a console on the release of one game, But castlevania, was what made the difference for me,
I had lookd into the dreamcast and thought it was kewl. But what realy made me a believer was when I heard castlevania was comeing to it.i saw the screen shots. looked at the videos on ign. I so wanted that..
Therefor, still the castlevania fan, I will always have a personal grudge aginst konami. For I feel if castlevania had came out for the dc, it would have at least bought it some extra time,
the dc was in no respect shit. Even as it died, it still produced at the time, some of the best and sharpest looking graphics on any console. (soul calibur ) Its just a sad thing that happened thats all :(

Kaiser
January 21st, 2006, 22:00
I'd really like to help your argument SP, I really would. I just don't have any more faith in SEGA anymore. The moment a Sonic game came out on a Nintendo console (Sonic Advance) the little remaining faith I had in SEGA died. I understand they had no choice but still it makes a fanboy's heart hurt. I mean Sonic!? on a nintendo?! Still makes me sick to this day.

Maybe a revival is possible but only if they give up on the new trendy things and focus on what made Sega cool. Good games (No more shadow the hedgehog please).

benn
January 21st, 2006, 22:21
if you wanna talk software problems:
lack of EA support = FIFA, Madden, etc.
lack of decent RPG to battle Final Fantasy. FF7 was massive and they needed to try and counter the fact that the rest of the series would be PS2 only. Skies of Arcadia and Grandia were very cool games but were released in the last days of the DC so were too little, too late.
the best game on DC... Samba de Amigo. that game kicked the ass of Dance Stage etc. but at £100 was WAY OVERPRICED (yeah i got one anyway).
it was just another bad commercial decision.
:(

shadowprophet
January 21st, 2006, 23:30
:confused: Okay I admit,

You where holding your own in this debate, untill that.
You say the best game on the dc was what?

Shadow backs away slowly.

You seem to forget all the other great titles on the dc
Sonic adventure one and two. Resident evil code veronica.
soul reaver. which I belive the dc got the honor for haveing the only 128 bit version of soul reaver pt 1 in existance.

To a lesser extent. the only console version of street fighter 3 graced the dc aswell.
dont forget shenmue. and no one can ever forget soul calibur.
In the short time the dc was around it had an impressive lineup.
Not to mention it was a pretty homebrew friendly system to boot.
But I digress
The dreamcast was an awsome little console Period.

ArugulaZ
January 22nd, 2006, 00:08
Sega's system support could be charitably described as "cowardly." They flaked on Sega CD owners. They flaked on 32X owners. They flaked on Saturn owners (dumping the system while it was at the peak of its popularity in Japan), and they flaked on Dreamcast owners, running with their tail between their legs shortly after the Playstation 2 was released.

The company cannot be trusted with console releases. If this handheld in development was a one-shot deal, like the VG Pocket Max, I'd definitely consider it, but if it were a legitimate competitor to the DS and PSP, I wouldn't purchase it unless I could force someone at Sega to sign a binding contract stating that it would be around for more than a couple of years.

JR

shadowprophet
January 22nd, 2006, 00:25
I must have woke up in an alternate demention this morning.
I mean sure they have left us high and dry, more then a few times.
I'll grant that.
But in one form or another all companys have done us this way.
what about. Sony and there online plan. Or the noble sony hdd,
that need I remind people still has very limated use.
And what about nintendo. Who steadfastly refused to switch to a less expensive media. just because ultimately they knew thay could rape more people of there hard earned money that way, only changeing this outlook when there whole company was forced to see the light or die.
every company. has used and abused the game fan on one way or another.
Is all a money game.

think about it. all negitivity tword sega you guys want to throw , what ever it doesnt reflect my opinions. At least sega didnt keep rehashing the same old shit selling it back to us untill the end of time in an attempt to rake in every last hard earned cent.
And just for peoples all might information, the dreamcast was a worth its cost, weahter it died or not, the homebrew scene kept it alive. and made it worth its money. before it was all over the dc was playing emus and movies out the wazuu.

No more sega negitivity.
FUTURE NEGITIVE SEGA COMMENTS AIMED AT ME CAN BE DIRECTED STRIGHT TO THE GARBAGE CAN. its been years. nobody is still feeling a hurt in there finances over the loss of the dreamcast. and if you by some chance are. Instead of picking up ten cans on the side walk to earn console money might I suggest getting a real job

Gawd im such an asshole :D

Game Collector
January 22nd, 2006, 04:35
This news sounds pretty cool to me as I am one of the biggest Sega fans in the world and always have been. But I have to agree with most of the opinions in here, my beloved Sega is all but dead and I certainly share the pain of Sonic being on a Nintendo system. I bought Sonic Rush afew weeks ago and as much as I like it, it just felt WRONG playing Sonic on a nintendo system!

There are many things I am bitter about towards Sega but the No.1 reason is the Mega-CD, that system could have been such a huge success but they screwed it up so badly from the begining. Firstly, the system needed better graphics hardware to compete with the SFC, at least some more colour. The ASIC chip in the system was near System 16 quality and WAY more powerful than the SFC's mode 7 which could only scale and rotate ONE sprite or a full background at a time (just compare any racing game on the SFC to Batman Returns on the M-CD, there is no scalling on the cars on the SFC but the M-CD had full arcade quality hardware) but no developers could not be bothered to learn how to use it and even Sega themselves rarley used it.

After the actual hardware screw up, they then gave almost 0 support to it, once the system came out they should have shifted 90% of development over to CD format as was the case with the PC Engine but they did shit all for it. The only shining examples of Mega-CD programing from Sega was 3X3 Eyes which is one of the best RPGs from the 16-BIT era, Popful Mail and of course, Sonic CD. Every other Sega game looked like it was made by people on work experience. Game Arts proved that releasing great games would improve sales, when they released the legendary Lunar: The Silver Star (my favourite game of all time long with Eternal Blue and Grandia) the sales in Japan shot up but then died again after that.

We can't blame the REAL Sega for the debacle that was the 32X, that was the wonderful idea of Sega America, yea the same people that wasted millions of dollars on those sickening FMV games. If that had been released in say, the middle of 1993 with SFII CE on it, it would have been a huge success but releasing it just when the Saturn came out was a joke.

As for the Saturn, it is probably the best gaming era of my life. I bought a Japanese Saturn in May 1995, I will always cherish those days because they were the best. I will never forget the excitment of getting Virtua Fighter 2 just 3 days after the Japanese release date and the amazment of watching those graphics for the first time. The one BIG mistake Sega made was keeping their graphic libraries they made for games like VF2, Virtua Cop, Fighting Vipers etc to themselves and not allowing 3rd parties to use them which meant non-Sega games looked like shit. This is what people in the West saw, they saw a shit looking Saturn game next to a supperior looking PS game. It is amazing how popular the Saturn became after it died though.

I would love to se Sega make a comeback and release a new console one day but I know it just wont happen....

benn
January 22nd, 2006, 10:26
At least sega didnt keep rehashing the same old shit selling it back to us untill the end of time in an attempt to rake in every last hard earned cent.

:eek: ???? where the hell ya been the last 2 years?
5 sonic games released since the DC died - including on nintendo consoles and PS2!
Outrun 2026, and another one on XBX and another one in dev.
that latest Shadow game is just pure embarassing!

look man, so far we have all claimed that we loved Sega, but you are the only one who seems to have a problem dealing with reality :rolleyes: when it comes to Sega, i got 3 words:
Game Over Man! :(

... unless they can pull of something amazing on 360? :D

shadowprophet
January 22nd, 2006, 15:34
You have a point with that benn.
At the time I was all waxing nostalgic an thinking of the glory genesis days:(

However there is a lot of orig sonic content out too.
Sonic heros. and I know everyone hated shadow the hedgshog.
I must have been the only person that gave it a chance.
And even I have to admit, shadow was rushed the game is eaten up with bugs.
but for the die hard sonic fan it still had somthing.. It could have been a great game, it just wasnt..
I still want to see sega do good. I want to see them make a comeback.possibly im the only person that wants this.
but thats okay, I want it bad enough for everbody. so it all evens out :p

MGFox
January 22nd, 2006, 16:00
???? where the hell ya been the last 2 years? [...] when it comes to Sega, i got 3 words: Game Over Man!

Beach Spikers
Super Monkey Ball
Astro Boy
Condemed
Full Auto
Chrome Hounds

So what, they made Sonic Heroes and Shadow...They were aimed at kids, and kids loved them!
To hold Outrun against them is just purile, they release a sequal after about 16/17 years, and you regard it as "churning out the same old shite"?!? I suppose you think the same about Altered Beast?

Sega have dropped out of the console manufacturing business, but they still need to make money! I, for one, love Monkey Ball and Condemed and cannot wait for the games that follow!

Cheers,
Fox

benn
January 22nd, 2006, 17:24
Super Monkey Ball
um... yeah right. there are only 4-5 versions of this game on 3 different consoles. i like the game too but you cannot say that Sega aint milking licenses.

Condemed
good game

Full Auto
Chrome Hounds
not even released yet - so how can you even use them as examples of innovative gaming? chrom hounds looks like a mec warrior clone anyway.

So what, they made Sonic Heroes and Shadow...They were aimed at kids, and kids loved them!
the target market was not the issue. the problem was that they were milking a license (but not in a good way) - especially shadow. shadow was LOADED with bugs.

anyway, we all seem to agree that we wish sega well, but feel that they have no-one to blame for their current position except themselves.

SSaxdude
January 22nd, 2006, 17:32
Whats wrong with you all? What about Jet Grind Radio for the Dreamcast? That was an amazing game, maybe it wasn't released in the UK, I'm not sure. I think Sega should focus on making 3rd party games because if they were to make another console or handheld, it would be a huge risk. I would buy the console and so would all of the other diehard Sega fans, but that makes up about 5% of the entire gaming population. Back to their games, Sega should focus on their smaller hits like Streets of Rage or Crazy Taxi. What gamer could refuse Streets of Rage on the DS or PSP with multiplayer support? Or Jet Grind Radio on the DS? I heard Sega will provide old games for the Nintendo Revolution, which is a safe move, even though I won't buy a Revolution. Bottom line: Sega needs to provide 3rd party support with their old school ideas to gamers on every console.

shadowprophet
January 22nd, 2006, 17:34
:confused: possibly.
But as long as a good game is still a good game, im gonna play it.
As I remember nintendo in general used to think if they still dont,
That video games in general where a kids thing.

lets face it. if you have been into video game since before it became acceptible for an adult to be playing them, then you have faced this problem.
at one time it was popular concensus that video games where a childs past time. Lots of people still believe this.

kingdom hearts is a good example of a great game. that has recived a lot of negitivity. Just because theres some disney shit up in it.
Maybe its just me, but when I begin playing video games I didnt rightly give a flying crap what people thought of it, Now that im an adult I still dont care.
Hell people like what they like,and play what they want to play.
This will always be the one unfoulible fact. Hell if they slaped a sticker on the next sonic game for ages 2+ and aimed its directly at kindergarteners. If I deemd it playble. Theres a good chance you would find me playing that mofo:p

The theme here is I like videogames. To hell with superficiality:cool:

MGFox
January 22nd, 2006, 21:27
benn, I don't want to start an argument as we all love Sega, but there are few points think you misunderstood or I don't understand:-

um... yeah right. there are only 4-5 versions of this game on 3 different consoles. i like the game too but you cannot say that Sega aint milking licenses.

There is Super Monkey Ball and Super Monkey Ball 2...Its completely idiotic if you're gonna start holding it against a company when they release on multiple platforms. Its good business sense, as I said, they've still got to make money!

not even released yet - so how can you even use them as examples of innovative gaming? chrom hounds looks like a mec warrior clone anyway.

And Full Auto looks like Interstate '76, and Monkey Ball looks like Marble Madness, and Sonic looks like Mario but faster...whats your point? I wasn't providing examples of innovative gaming, they were examples of post DC original licenses! i.e. Sega NOT churning out the same old shite.

the target market was not the issue. the problem was that they were milking a license (but not in a good way) - especially shadow.

I can't speak for Shadow as I've never played it, I don't think I can even accept its existence! But my point was, Sega needed money, it made good business sense to create something from a franchise they knew would sell well due to the predictability of kids! But just because they churned out those, doesn't mean they ever stopped working on the original titles!

anyway, we all seem to agree that we wish sega well, but feel that they have no-one to blame for their current position except themselves.

...and Sony for brainwashing the youth of the world :p

Cheers,
Fox

shadowprophet
January 22nd, 2006, 21:58
Am i the only person in the whole wide world that actuelly thought shadow (the character not the game)
Was a good idea :confused:

MGFox
January 22nd, 2006, 22:09
Am i the only person in the whole wide world that actuelly thought shadow (the character not the game)
Was a good idea?

Not at all mate, after seeing him in Sonic Adventure 2, I thought he was really cool, I had a picture of him as my destop wallpaper for a long while...Its the Shadow game that I can't accept, Sonic with Guns!?!

Cheers,
Fox

shadowprophet
January 22nd, 2006, 22:30
I bought shadow :(

I was instantly unimpressed.
even outside of the many gripes other people had about the game,
The fact that there was guns.
All the bugs.

I have a few personal gripes. The story was weak at best. and the music was watered down. it just wasnt quality stuff*

And the voices. im pretty sure the voice for shadow wasnt the same as in sonic adventure 2. :(

But I mean its like what weve have been conversing in this thread.
A bad game every once and a while. doesnt constitute a bad company.
Even squaresoft. Has droped the ball a time of two :D

Produkt
January 22nd, 2006, 22:31
Well... back on the subject of the console...

If it were to come out inbetween now and november it would be in the middle of a flooded market.

MGFox
January 22nd, 2006, 22:53
I don't think this new handheld console is designed to be a market competitor, a few years ago THIS (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002E7C96/026-0658118-9664448) and THIS (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00066LG60/026-0658118-9664448) appeared on the market in the UK, cheap gifts that play Megadrive (Genesis) games...I think this new handheld will just be a portable verison those!...only time will tell!

Cheers,
Fox

shadowprophet
January 22nd, 2006, 23:47
Ive even got one of those, (check uploaded pic.)

But surely they wouldnt announce this as news if they where just going to re release somthing like that. ?

And besides thats not really what I would call a hand held :p

I only took it out of the box once, to look at it.
other then thats its never been used.
I just think there neat so i picked one up :p

Game Collector
January 23rd, 2006, 13:19
...and Sony for brainwashing the youth of the world :p

Cheers,
Fox

AMEN TO THAT!! Who could forget the bullshit specs phony released for the PS2 before it came out when in reality, it was inferior to the DC in many ways, lets face facts, the PS2 has never and WILL never have a game as impressive as Shenmue I&II. None the less the fake bullshit from phony worked and in the end it put a huge dent in the DC. I think the thing that killed the DC was plain and simply PIRACY. Sega thought they would be safe in making that GD shit so that noone could copy them and in actual fact, it became th easiest system ever for pirates cause people didn't even need a damn mod chip! I also think that if they had've spent a bit more money on the system and made it with a DVD drive it would have been huge. The main thing that made me give in and buy a PS2 was VF4, I cant forgive Sega for not giving me that game on the DC, it would have been ten times superior to the PS2 version :mad:

About Shadow and Sonic Heroes etc, do we have Sonic Team to blame for those? I really hope not as they are really killing Sonic with shit like that.

benn
January 23rd, 2006, 13:54
yeah the DVD player was a big factor for potential buyers though. actually that was pretty huge.
despite being games machines, people always prefer versatility - i think the gamecube would have sold more if it could play standard CDs or DVDs.
i think it is that leap that Sony are looking to make again with PS3 feat. Blu-Ray. i dont know whether it will pay off this time though.

MGFox
January 23rd, 2006, 14:18
And to answer the question...Yes, unfortunately, Sonic Team are responisble for both Sonic Heroes and Shadow, they are also behind the upcoming Sonic Riders (Sonic Snowboarding)!

Cheers,
Fox

benn
January 23rd, 2006, 15:31
i cant believe that Yuji lets this stuff go on! is he still head? or is Sonic Team like one of those pop groups that lose the key people but continue using the name to sell their stuff?

MGFox
January 23rd, 2006, 15:51
I've never heard any news to the contrary, so I assume that Yuji Naka is still the producer of Sonic Team. However, Naoto Ohshima, original Sonic the Hedgehog designer and Director of SonicCD (one of the greatest Sonic games...in my opinion), left shortly after Sonic Adventure!

Cheers,
Fox

benn
January 23rd, 2006, 16:03
a man with morals?
:D

shadowprophet
January 23rd, 2006, 20:43
But honestly do we really need our consoles to play dvds?
I mean it would suck if that wasnt an option.
But you can pick up a dvd player now brand new for 40 bucks now a days :p

Kaiser
January 24th, 2006, 00:28
But honestly do we really need our consoles to play dvds?
I mean it would suck if that wasnt an option.
But you can pick up a dvd player now brand new for 40 bucks now a days :p

You forget how much a DVD player was when the PS2 came out. Trust me people were extremely pleased when Sony announced the PS2 would be able to play DVDs. Hell video game consoles were, for the majority of people in North America, there first DVD player. Video games helped usher in that new format era because the DVD feature was going to come with the next console pretty much 90 percent of the gaming population were going to buy.

shadowprophet
January 24th, 2006, 20:45
You forget how much a DVD player was when the PS2 came out. Trust me people were extremely pleased when Sony announced the PS2 would be able to play DVDs. Hell video game consoles were, for the majority of people in North America, there first DVD player. Video games helped usher in that new format era because the DVD feature was going to come with the next console pretty much 90 percent of the gaming population were going to buy.

I dont know.
I mean dvds.. To me that used to be a lot of space.
4.7 gigs . But now I look at the memstick market . And see 2 gig's of information on those tiny little cards.

Then I look at a dvd. 4.7 gigs. thats it.. it just seems like the format is starting to show its age to me.

I mean dont get me wrong, im not saying its an outdated format.
I mean everyone uses it.
All im saying is that much physical space for just 4.7 gigs.
I dunno maybe blue ray will sweep through and fix everything. :p

MGFox
January 25th, 2006, 00:07
9 gigs for Dual-Layer...although thats still quite poo!

I don't want to start a 'Media War', but I actually think HD-DVD will prevail! DVD is already a household name, and for regular consumers, the natural progression will be the name DVD with bit added on, meaning HD-DVD...I can just picture people across the world saying "What the **** is BlueRay?"

Cheers,
Fox

shadowprophet
January 25th, 2006, 02:57
All I know about it is is this media format being developed by sony,
its supposed to hold thirteen gigs on one blueray disk.
its supposed to be the format playstation 3 games will be in :cool:

theres probibly more to know about it, but thats all I know anyway

benn
January 25th, 2006, 08:29
I dont know.
I mean dvds.. To me that used to be a lot of space.
4.7 gigs . But now I look at the memstick market . And see 2 gig's of information on those tiny little cards.

Then I look at a dvd. 4.7 gigs. thats it.. it just seems like the format is starting to show its age to me.

:rolleyes: yeah but initally we were not discussing the capacity we were talking about the fatc it was a major selling point for the PS2. at the time this was major capacity (that was affordable). At the time this was the next evolution in digital home media.
and so what if a pro duo card can hold 2GB - how much ca$h do u have to pay out for that? i can get DVDs (blank) for $1ea. so based on your own analogy, for the same price as your mem stick i could access 470GB!
and to be honest i would much prefer my psp if it plyed dvds. i know it would be bigger - but that would mean an even bigger screen and importantly i would not even have to look at the piece of shit media format of UMD. it sucks ass. i could also use my library of dvds without needing to convert to MP4 and upload to my mem stick and then be unable to switch movie etc due to mem limitations.

MGFox
January 25th, 2006, 12:11
Has anyone else noticed that this thread got about three relevant posts when it started...followed by 3.5 pages of offtopic ramblings? :D

Cheers,
Fox

benn
January 25th, 2006, 12:48
i am allowed to ramble off topic as i was one of the first to add a relevant post :D
i blame that shadow bloke and his darn sega worship - without admitting any of their shortcomings!;)

shadowprophet
January 25th, 2006, 17:33
*stands up from his sega shaped pentigram, with his scarifical game gear in hand. whos worshiping sega :p
lol

benn
January 25th, 2006, 17:36
*stands up from his sega shaped pentigram, with his scarifical game gear in hand. whos worshiping sega :p
lol
lmao dude :)