PDA

View Full Version : Easy Homebrew

Freakshow!
January 21st, 2006, 16:39
Hi,

Sony are making it harder and harder for people to get their homebrew onto the PSP. Eventually Sony will crack it and find a way that stops people from downgrading and will find a way for people to have to upgrade, thus bringing an end to the PSP homebrew scene :(

However, I had an idea, which largely depends on Sonys willingness to help the homebrew scene. There complaint against homebrew is the ISO loaders that allow people to run PSP games, without buying them.

To stop this they could write their Firmware to ignore everything except for Sony Digitally signed code. Even if the signature is one letter (or whatever the signature is made from) then the PSP should ignore it. Then they set up a small unit, which will receive peoples homebrew programs. The sony workers will look at it and see whether it is safe (as in does not do anything illegal) and will then Digitally Sign it themselves.

In this way we get our homebrew and all those doing illegal things will be stopped. I'm sure many of you will have comments (possibly start flaming), but this is just an idea and I thought that this would allow everyone to be happy (except for piraters)

Comments? (please dont flame, just give your opinion)

MGFox
January 21st, 2006, 17:58
Its an interesting idea, however, I don't believe it'll happen. It would require a very important or influential person to suggest it to Sony, and it would have to be suggested to the high-up boss people! Plus it would require Sony to hire a dedicated team for this, and then get nothing in return...unless they saw it as a big enough opportunity to increase unit sales!

IF by some miracle it did go ahead, then I cannot see emulators getting approved as there is too much corporate controversiality with them. Only 100% original material or source ports will get the approval!

The only hope I can see, is that Sony themselves released the NetYaroze and YABasic, so they understand the potential for home development!

Its a nice idea, but I think we're dreaming!

Cheers,
Fox

IndianCheese
January 21st, 2006, 19:54
Yeah. Sony doesn't care about us (even though we should because their point is to make us happy and make money for themselves) so I don't think that they'll be taking extreme measures to let us use homebrew. Besides, they would have to resign a prog everytime it was updated.

To think that every time we start an update and it begins to run while it is scanning the signature, and the information is right there, and we have no idea what it is or how to get it...